Great news for all you NookColor owners out there, especially if you have rooted it. Now you have a nice, affordable tablet but a bit of a pain to install stuff sometimes and no Android Market access… wait! Now you can have the Android Market on your NookColor, so you’ll be able to play those games you’ve wanted from the Android Market.
While this procedure is fairly risky right now, especially since it is new, it is possible to be done and has been. However, before you do this, please be aware you could possibly mess up your NookColor so do this at your own risk!
- You must have rooted your NookColor prior to following these instructions.
- You will need adb working. That may involve following the instructions at: NookColor USB ADB.
- You must have installed the Android SDK.
- This will require that you have installed Java.
- You must have a gmail account. Even if you never use it again, set one up.
- You must have installed sqlite3 on your desktop PC. You only need the command-line shell. You should have a copy in the tools folder under your android-sdk installation directory. If not, you can download an installer for linux, mac or windows at http://www.sqlite.org/download.html.
In addition you should Install su and the Superuser app.
You should be familiar with Set Read-Write access for the NOOKcolor system partition
For full instructions on how to get the Android Market on your NookColor and files needed, head over to NookDevs!
Website Referenced: NookDevs
Update Dec, 12th 2010: For convenience I’ve posted the instructions exactly as they are on NookDevs for you below. Please remember, this is risky, as with anything regarding rooting your device, so proceed at your own risk.
Update Dec. 14th 2010: Added a couple of screenshots of the new Android Market and Angry Birds on a rooted Nook Color. Thanks goes to Stephen Long!