Back in January we broke the story that the FPse Playstation One emulator was heading to Android and that it would be available ‘in a few days’. As with all things, a few days turned into a couple of weeks but the good news is that you can head to the Android Market and download it now and get playing PS1 games!
Regarded as one of the best Playstation Emulators on other platforms, it is good to see another option when considering getting a PS emulator, especially if you aren’t getting an Xperia Play.
- Very fast
- High compatibility
- High sound quality.
- Realtime savestate
- Audio tracks emulation (using .cue file)
- Overlay Pads dynamically loadable
- Guncon emulation
- Analog Sticks using sliding on touchscreen
- Playable from Gsensor, Touchscreen and hardware keys.
- Support .img .iso .bin .cue .nrg and .Z disc image format.
- Requires Android 2.2+
The developer also adds to the market description some tips for new users which we’ve included below.
- Press Menu button to be able to use the Volume buttons
- CALL button, and VOLUME UP and DOWN can be assigned as PSone buttons.
- To use Guncon, map A and B buttons to Hardware key just notice that L3=A and R3=B.
You’ll be able to grab FPse off the Android Market for about $4.86 which is a small price to pay if you want a good PS1 emulator on your Android device. There are some bugs when it comes to certain games such as broken save games in FF IX but you can be sure those are already getting worked on. We will be doing a deep review of FPse for Android shortly so stay tuned! You can find a full list of compatible games here.
Thanksfor the tip!
Developer Website: FPSeCe
Direct Market Link: FPse for Android