OpenFeint originally started doing the “wave of releases” back when they first came to Android, announcing 10+ games at a time with OpenFeint integrated into them. They haven’t done it in awhile but it seems to be back as yet another wave of great games has been announced and landed on the Android Market.
This would make it… what… the 5th or 6th wave? That’s a lot but what is even more impressive is the growth OpenFeint has seen since coming to Android. In fact since November 2010 they have added 215 games to the list of OpenFeint integrated games onto the Android Market. That is a 200% increase in 5 months!
Games in this wave:
- Can Knockdown: 2 Infinite Dreams
- Doodle Bowling: GameResort
- Grave Defense Silver Free: Art of Bytes
- Guerrilla Bob: Angry Mob Games
- Meganoid: Orange Pixel
- Ninja Rush Deluxe: Feelingtouch Inc.
- Pyxidis: Hyperbees Ltd.
- Return Zero (BETA): We came from Mars
- Snail Mail for Android: Sandlot Games
- Speedx 3D free&full: Hyperbees Ltd.
- Stellar Escape: Orange Agenda
- Stupid Zombies: GameResort
- World Series of Poker Hold’em Legend: Glu
- Tank Hero: Clapfoot Games
All of these games are great games to play so you really can’t go wrong with any of them. All you developers looking to port over your games to iOS don’t forget OpenFeint has teamed up with The9 to tap into their $100 million indie developer initiative. For more information on this, head over to our article regarding OpenFeint and The9 partnership.
Full press release below for your reading pleasure.
Developer Website: OpenFeint
OpenFeint Brings 14 Chart-Topping Mobile Game Titles to Google’s Android Platform
Cross-platform mobile social games network now powering 315 mobile games
April 1, 2011- Burlingame Calif. – OpenFeint has been making key strategic partnerships this year to bring quality games to Android. First, the company announced that it would bring their cross-platform social gaming network to AT&T’s Android devices. Next, the network partnered with The9 and the $100 million Fund9 to help iOS developers port their games to Android. Today, OpenFeint is revealing the latest 14 hit games it has brought to Android.
OpenFeint is also releasing some of their game growth statistics. Since November, OpenFeint has added 215 mobile gaming titles to the Android ecosystem, totaling in 315 games. That’s over a 200 percent increase in five months.
“At the end of the day, I should be able to destroy my brother’s high score in Fruit Ninja, whether I’m on my iPad or Droid X,” says OpenFeint’s CEO, Jason Citron. “Gamers and developers agree and want to use OpenFeint for this reason.”
OpenFeint attributes the significant surge in Android titles to more developers discovering the platform and the benefits of going cross-platform.
“At first, indie game developers chose iOS because it was the easiest way to distribute their games,” says OpenFeint’s VP of Marketing, Eros Resmini. “As Google has improved the Android Marketplace and we’ve introduced game discovery and porting opportunities with AT&T and The9, iOS developers are more and more interested in Android.”
New OpenFeint titles out on Android in March include:
· Can Knockdown: 2 Infinite Dreams
· Doodle Bowling: GameResort
· Grave Defense Silver Free: Art of Bytes
· Guerrilla Bob: Angry Mob Games
· Meganoid: Orange Pixel
· Ninja Rush Deluxe: Feelingtouch Inc.
· Pyxidis: Hyperbees Ltd.
· Return Zero (BETA): We came from Mars
· Snail Mail for Android: Sandlot Games
· Speedx 3D free&full: Hyperbees Ltd.
· Stellar Escape: Orange Agenda
· Stupid Zombies: GameResort
· World Series of Poker Hold’em Legend: Glu
· Tank Hero: Clapfoot Games
Now with over 73 million users, OpenFeint’s growth is a global phenomenon. Android users are playing its games in 214 countries. North America represents the largest audience, but the network is rapidly growing its presence in Asia.