Marvel Entertainment has released their first Android game onto the market in the form of a 3D action game called Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty. It also comes complete with Xperia Play control support for all you Xperia Play owners out there.
In this game you play as Captain America and your job is to go after and, hopefully, defeat Captain America’s Arch-enemy the Red Skull. What is nice is that it is kept in the time period that it should be in which is during WWII. Glad Marvel decided to do that and keep it to the storyline.
- Unleash epic combat moves as you take down HYDRA soldiers! Shield slide to traverse difficult terrain, perform takedowns in mid-air or on the ground, and launch your shield for long-range attacks.
- Spectacular graphics and precise touch controls combine to give Sentinel of Liberty fluid cinematic action. Execute wall runs, slide under traps, and unleash devastating combo attacks with dynamic intensity you can feel.
- Take down machine gun wielding enemies and maneuver around land mines on battlefields of WWII. Make your way through the secret HYDRA hideout and take down the evil Red Skull.
- 24 levels, each with multiple pathways and hidden areas, unfold over three massive episodes. Impressive unlockables, high score leaderboards, and tons of extra features add to the massive gameplay experience
- The action of Captain America comes to life with an original story and script written by Marvel writer Christos Gage. Comic panels by Marvel artists Ron Lim and Christopher Sotomayor and a compelling original soundtrack complete the Captain America experience.
While it is nice to see these games comes out, it is also great to see the company actually involved in the creative process with original storyline and comic panes by actual writers and artists from Marvel. Being an ex-comic junkie, this should make a lot of comic fans happy. We are sure there is no coincidence that this was released while Comic-Con is going on either. You can pick up Captain America off the Android Market for only $0.99 which is a steal.
Be sure to check the list of supported devices to make sure yours is on there before buying this game. It’s in the description of the game on the Android Market.
Thanks to AndroidAtNight and Alexis Vincent for the tip.
Developer Website: Marvel Entertainment
Website Referenced: Androhit (French)
Android Market Link: Captain America