Here is an interesting move by Gameloft regarding one of their racing games. While it was available on their own store for $4.99, they have released GT Racing Motor Academy for free on the Android Market but with in-game purchases available instead of charging you for the game.
Essentially this makes GT Racing Motor Academy a freemium game from Gameloft now. It is still the full game that you may have already purchased for $4.99 but using in-app purchases you have the option to unlock everything and get bonus XP.
- 26 manufacturers and 111 licensed cars to buy, drive and upgrade including the Nissan GT-R, Audi R8, top of the line Ferrari models and even the Ford Model T.
- A new and elaborate physics engine particular to each car for the most realistic driving simulation on Android devices. Master your racing skills and tune your car just right to maximize performance.
- A wide variety of tracks, from the official Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca to urban tracks, speed rings and rally tracks.
- A huge and fascinating Career mode: Pass license tests and enter to win increasingly prestigious racing events.
- Play against drivers from all over the world with local and online multiplayer for up to 6 players. Reach the top of the GT Racing: Motor Academy leaderboards.
Of course this option to buy and unlock everything is just that, an option. If you actually want to play the game through you can easily earn all the stuff you would be unlocking over time. Of course if you are impatient or don’t mind dropping a couple of bucks to get a head start then this is great news. These are being called Free+ games or so the label from Gameloft says. You can pick up GT Motor Racing Academy right now off the Android Market for free, if your device is supported that is.
Developer Website: Gameloft
Android Market Link: GT Motor Racing Academy