Great news this morning for those of you who do not own a Tegra 2 Android device and have been wanting to play the fantastic racing game from Vector Unit called Riptide GP. The developers have announced that it will be coming to all other high-end Android devices this month.
This is one of the best racing games available for Android devices and up until now it’s been exclusive to Tegra 2 only devices. Now that exclusivity has run it’s course and Vector Unit is planning on dropping this amazing jet ski racing game onto as many Android devices as possible. Those of you who are rooted and run Chainfire already probably have this running but anyone not rooted will be able to play this as well now.
- Carve through 12 race courses across dynamic, ever changing water surfaces
- Unlock and master 6 screaming fast jet skis
- Alter the environment mid-race with interactive triggers
- 3 game modes: Race, Hot Lap and Championship
- Earn achievements, post to leaderboards, and race against your friends’ best split times with OpenFeint™
It is recommended that your Android device sport at least an 800MHz processor inside it which shouldn’t be a problem since most new Android devices sport a 1GHz chipset. It’s still recommended that, for optimal performance, you use a dual-core device. No word just yet as to whether this new version will see a different price tag tacked onto it than what the Tegra 2 version is sporting. You can check out review of Riptide GP (Tegra 2 version) if you want our impression about this great game.
No exact release date has been set but it is slated for release at the end of October.
Developer Website: Vector Unit