Exor Studios and their rather fun zombie killing game called Zombie Driver will be coming to Android soon in the form of Zombie Driver THD which will be available for Tegra 3 Android device. This is an interesting game in that not only do you have to kill as many zombies as possible, you also have to rescue survivors as well and not get killed in the process.
However, unlike most zombie games, Zombie Driver THD has you using vehicles, outfitted with plenty of weapons, and the vehicle itself as a weapon, in your zombie slaying adventure. Of course don’t forget to rescue the survivors as well but feel free to do that while drifting across the street on zombie blood and plowing into more zombies to make a clear path for your survivors. Did we mention there are lots of weapons?
Features (if it follows the PC HD version):
- Story mode with 31 missions, sub quests and bonus objectives in a huge, free roaming city, including:
- Epic Boss fights with enormous mutated zombies
- Defending key targets against huge waves of zombies
- Racing against time to rescue survivors
- Transporting dangerous cargo
- Spraying anti-zombie repellent around town
- 13 different vehicles to drive including a firetruck, bulldozer or even a tank
- Blood Race mode with 30 unique events offering the best arcade racing experience in 3 distinct game types:
- Race – classic racing spiced up with guns and loads of zombies
- Eliminator – take down as many vehicles as you can before the time runs out
- Endurance – there is a bomb on your car and its ticking. Race through checkpoints to extend your time
- Slaughter mode with 7 survival arenas featuring enormous killing sprees and a dynamic upgrade system
- 9 different upgrades which can transform even an innocent Taxi into a Chariot of Death.
- Miniguns, flamethrowers, rocket launchers or even dual railguns.
- Vicious zombie types including even zombie dogs.
- Advanced, dynamic combo system with tricks and hordes of zombies to try it on.
- PhysX by NVIDIA
Unfortunately details about the Android Tegra 3 version are not fully released yet, only that it is coming to Android for quad-core devices. So some of the above features may end up being modified a little or left out but we don’t think that will happen. Either way though this game is pretty bad ass and essentially a nerdgasm for any zombie fans out there. No word yet on exactly when this will land on Android Tegra 3 devices but if you can’t wait to play it on your mobile device, there is a PC version available already.
You can check out the trailer for the PC HD version above to get an idea of what the gameplay is like.
Developer Website: Exor Studios