While we wait for the Tegra 2 version of Siegecraft THD to arrive this month, Blowfish Studios have announced that they will also be releasing an enhanced version of the game for quad-core Tegra 3 devices in the near future.
Even though Tegra 2 games will be totally compatible with Tegra 3 quad-core Android devices, Blowfish Studios will be releasing an enhanced version of the game specifically for Tegra 3 devices. The enhanced version will come with even higher FPS (frames-per-second) and more detailed, high quality graphics for you to enjoy while you try to conquer your enemy’s castle. For those of you unfamiliar with this game, Siegecraft is all about siege warfare and you will have all the needed accessories a conquering warlord would need in order to launch a siege on another castle and conquer it.
We’re excited to bring the definitive version of Siegecraft to Tegra 3. Its amazing graphics performance and quad-core scaling let us amp up the game to the max – more physics, more units, more Siegecraft! – Benjamin Lee, Managing Director at Blowfish Studios.
- NVIDIA Tegra Enhancements including high resolution textures, complex shaders, and more.
- Beautiful Worlds: Exquisitely created environments and 3 unique races to play, Knights, Vikings and Samurai.
- Special Catapult Items: Want to lob a cow at your enemy? Go for it. Troll’s head? Got it covered.
- Console Grade Graphics: Stunning environments featuring real-time water reflection and refraction. Tons of on-screen characters and particle effects.
- 6 campaigns of 27 levels (if the content part is identical to the iOS version, this is subject to change and could actually be more)
Screenshots for the Tegra 2 version of Siegecraft THD
The interesting thing about this game is that you are not the owner of a castle who is trying to conquer other castles in order to expand your territory. Instead you are essentially a mercenary for hire who happens to have their own specialized siege army, one of the best in the business actually. You’ll be hired by all three races in the game in order to take out the targets they tell you to go after. Aside from troops you’ll have crossbows, catapults, battering rams and more at your disposal to defeat whatever enemy you are hired to defeat.
The Tegra 2 version of Siegecraft is slated for release sometime this month but no specific date has been given yet as well as any information about pricing. The Tegra 3 version of Siegecraft THD we are guessing will be available for your quad-core device fairly quickly one the Asus Tramsformer Prime is available for purchase. To get a better idea about the game you can check out the iOS trailer below.
Developer Website: Blowfish Studios