Over the past month or so we’ve been talking about the hit indie game from 2D Boy called World of Goo and that it would be coming to Android. In fact last week we mentioned that it would be arriving today and 2D Boy hasn’t disappointed us! World of Goo is now available on the Android Market.
World of Goo centers around Goo Balls and their need to explore the world around them as it is big and vast, to them at least, and they haven’t ventured forth yet. Apparently they are quite tasty too. You’re job is to help them explore the world and survive it by creating structures and other useful items out of the goo balls to get them safely through each stage. This is the full version of the hit indie game meaning that everything that came on other platforms has also come to Android.
World of Goo Features:
- The full deal – Drag and drop living, squirming, talking, globs of goo to build structures, bridges, cannonballs, zeppelins, and giant tongues.
- Mysterious Levels – Each level is strange and dangerously beautiful, introducing new puzzles, areas, and the creatures that live in them.
- World of Goo Balls – Along the way, undiscovered new species of Goo Ball, each with unique abilities, come together to ooze through reluctant tales of discovery, love, conspiracy, beauty, electric power, and the third dimension.
- The Sign Painter – Someone is watching you.
- World of Goo Corporation – Congratulations! World of Goo Corporation is the Global Leader in Goo and Goo Related Product, including World of Goo Corporation Trademark Brand Soft Drink Beverage and World of Goo Corporation Trademark Brand Facial Exfoliating Lotion. Succulent! (seriously funny)
- Massive Online Competition – Human players around the world compete in a living leaderboard to build the tallest towers of goo in World of Goo Corporation’s mysterious sandbox. World of Goo Corporation is contractually obligated to state that everyone is a winner and is enthusiastic to celebrate everyone’s tower building opportunities equally. (a.k.a it has leader boards).
If you were a fan of this game on any other platform then this is pretty much a definite buy. If you haven’t yet played this hit indie game, you will definitely want to check it out, especially if you enjoy Lemmings-style games but on a more creative note and not with just a bunch of suicidal animals continuously walking to their deaths. You can pick up World of Goo on the Android Market for $2.99 which we suggest you definitely do. The price will go up Dec. 5th to $4.99. Expect a full review shortly.
If you want to try it out before buying the full version, there is a free demo on the Android Market as well. You can check the game out in action in the trailer below.
Developer Website: 2D Boy
Android Market Link: World of Goo