Barely 48 hours ago we reported on Zen Studios having announced over their Twitter account that their gorgeous pinball arcade platform, Zen Pinball THD, would be coming out this week for Tegra 2 devices. Well sure enough it has arrive and is now available through Tegra Zone and the Android Market.
For those of you who missed our in-depth preview of Zen Pinball THD, it happens to be one of the most animated and visually great pinball arcade platforms available for Android, Currently as a free download, you will also get one free table, the Sorcerer’s Lair, which you’ve probably seen previewed on numerous Tegra 3 prototype tablets from events this year. Yes that does mean there will be a Tegra 3 version soon but you can always just play the Tegra 2 optimized version on your quad-core device when you get one.
Zen Pinball THD Features:
- Tegra™2 Powered – The first console quality pinball title for mobile devices and tablets, made possible through the graphic prowess of the Nvidia® Tegra™2 and Kal-El chipset
- Achievements – powered by Open Feint
- Leader Boards – Global leader boards and local high scores
- Rule Sheet – Each table comes equipped with a rule sheet providing tips and tricks to help you boost your score
- Hot Seat Multiplayer – Pass the game around to friends as you compete with each other for the top pinball wizard
- Pinball Platform – Zen Pinball THD is a free pinball platform that will house many different pinball tables including the stunning Marvel Pinball series. New content will seamlessly integrate into the platform, making it easy for users to access new content.
- FREE Table – Zen Pinball THD comes with the Sorcerer’s Lair Table.
- Marvel Pinball Tables – Critically acclaimed Marvel Tables including Fantastic Four are available as individual purchases!
- Even More Tables – Zen Pinball THD is frequently updated with new tables that you can buy individually. Build your own custom pinball arcade within Zen Pinball THD!
While you do get one free table when you download Zen Pinball THD, you can buy more through in-game purchases that will vary in pricing depending on the complexity of the table. All of the tables though come with a ton of animation right down to the smallest details. If you enjoy Pinball games then you’ll definitely want to check this one out. You can grab it off the Android Market or Tegra Zone for free.
Thanks to ShadowOfAnAndroid for the heads up!
Developer Website: Zen Studios
Android Market Link: Zen Pinball THD