Back in January of this year we talked about DotEmu’s next title that they would be bringing to Android called Another World. Well now we have an exact release date to look forward to. For those of you who don’t know what Another World is, it was a pretty unique game for its time.
Originally released on the Amiga back in 1991, Another World quickly gained a cult following through it’s unique use of cinematics within the game along with having the characters communicating through facial expressions, gestures and actions only. This was also a very challenging game where if either you or your alien ally take any damage at all then it is game over.
Another World Features:
– The ability to switch between Original/HD graphics by using 2 fingers at any time
– New intuitive touch-based controls or classic D-pad.
– 3 difficulty modes: Normal, Hard and Hardcore.
– 100% remastered sounds and effects.
– OpenFeint support with more than 10 achievements
– Compatible with Zeemote joystick, connected via Bluetooth.
– Game available in 5 languages (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish).
If you are unfamiliar with Another World, you will be playing as Lester who you will be making jump, run, attack and do various other actions in this platformer. He also comes equipped with a laser pistol which has three different types of shots that it can do, which he got after taking down his alien captor.
For those of you looking forward to this next release from DotEmu there is good news, you won’t have to wait much longer. Another World is slated for release this March 16th onto the Android Market. You can check the game out in action in the trailer above.
Developer Website: DotEmu