Way back during GDC 2011 we got to sit down with Tin Man Games and take a look at their Gamebook Adventure series which, at the time, was currently available on iOS only. However, they did tell us that there were plans to bring the series over to Android and it seems as though that is finally happening with their first title GA 1: An Assassin in Orlandes.
On iOS, these Gamebook Adventures have gathered quite a following, not only for their great storylines but for the fact that these advenutre books are more than just a simple ‘Choose your own adventure’ type of deal. This is because there is everything from dice rolling to stats you can upgrade as you go along through your adventure.
GA 1: As Assassin in Orlandes Features:
– Newly written story by S.P. Osborne that twists and turns taking the reader on an exciting adventure through the land of Orlandes. We are not simply a re-print of old gamebooks with each GA story lovingly crafted by experienced gamebook authors.
– Easy to use interface with classic page turning. As easy as reading a book!
– Dynamic page links that respond to your situation.
– New gamebook rules and battle system unique to Gamebook Adventures. Rules are accessible at any time during the adventure if you need to refresh yourself.
– Real-time 3D dice rolling with realistic physics. Shake the device like a dice shaker and watch the 3D dice bounce around the scene and off each other.
– Easy to font sizes to set up the book the way you want it.
– Accessible character sheet at all times during reading which auto updates when you pick up an item, your stats change, or you gain valuable information to help in your quest.
– Difficulty levels – Classic, Bookworm and Novice
– Use bookmarks to save your progress helping you get past tricky sections.
– Achievements to collect throughout the book for those who wish to thoroughly explore all aspects of the story.
– Beautifully illustrated by Pirkka Harvala. Once found, each illustration is framed and mounted on the achievements wall so they can be accessed full-screen.
– Keep informed as the land of Orlandes grows. “Orlandes Uncovered” is a detailed history of the fantasy setting and will be updated at regular intervals giving you a rich and rewarding overall experience with the gamebooks.
– Interactive world map which is updated regularly. Gamebook Adventures is brought together through the efforts of passionate and avid gamebook enthusiasts.
These are not just quick little games either. You will spend time going through the Gamebook Adventure titles as you have many paths you can take which adds to the replay value. While this is only their first title for Android, they do have numerous ones already out for iOS so you can expect that these will arrive as well.
If you dig these types of games in the style of ‘Choose your own adventure’, then you will definitely want to check out this one. You can grab it off of the Google Play store for $4.99 and be prepared for further editions to come soon.
Thanks to Partrik C. for the heads up!
Developer Website: Tin Man Games
Google Play Link: GA 1: As Assassin in Orlandes