One of the more unique RTS games to grace the video gaming world was a title developed by the Bitmap Brothers and released back in the 90’s called ‘Z’. Well that classic RTS game has been revamped and remade for Android devices and is now available on Google Play as Z Origins.
The original game was pretty entertaining, featuring all that you would want to find in a good RTS title but mixed with some pretty humorous cut scenes and just a general overall comedic theme to it. The original game has been remade for Android phones and tablets that includes everything from the original game including 30 minutes of all those funny cut scenes. Z Origins has a rather large feature list as well.
Z Origins Features:
• Z is a real time war game played in a totally free environment.
• A breathtaking race to capture territory and resources. Crush your enemy before they overpower you.
• Over thirty minutes of humorous movie sequences provide intros and outros for each level.
• Movie and in-game voiceovers are spoken in English, French, German, Italian or Spanish.
• Z has a conditional Music system, which reflects in real time the mood of the battle.
• Z has six types of Robot soldiers each with their own individual personalities. Will they carry out your orders and march into the jaws of hell? Or will they chicken and run?
• Robots perform up to 40 different actions, armed with rifles, machine guns and antitank missile launchers.
• Twenty challenging levels set on five planets each with a unique terrain ranging from Arctic waste to lands of fire and lava.
• In game world map and radar which can be displayed at any time.
• Lots of hardware for you and your soldiers to control, ranging from three types of tanks, jeeps, repair vehicles and armoured personal carriers to field guns and missile launchers.
• Robot leaders provide you with spoken alerts throughout the game.
• Capture and control installations including factories manufacturing robots and vehicles, radar and vehicle repair facilities.
• You choose what kind of robot or vehicle your factories manufacture.
• Z comes with pictorial player guide.
• Scoreloop achievements
As you can tell from the giant features list, there is a ton of content that comes with Z Origins. A lot of the little details, such as the music, or the robots personalities, are all dependent on what is going on in the game at that specific time. That is something very unique when it comes to RTS games and still isn’t included even in a lot of the new RTS titles.
If you are a fan of RTS games and are looking to take a little trip down memory land, you’ll want to nab yourself a copy of Z Origins. You can download this game off of the Google Play store and through our Google Play synced catalog for $2.99.
Source: Roman Guy Twitter
Google Play Link: Z Origins