A new turn-based strategy / RPG called Hunters: Episode One has arrived onto the Google Play store for anyone who want to become a rather bad ass space bounty hunter. Featuring a top-down perspective and a healthy dose of 3D visuals, this game has received a rather impressive amount of high reviews since being released onto iOS.
Developed by Rodeo Games, Hunters: Episode One places you in the future where contracts have become the main way to earn some good money. In order to fulfill these contracts, which is done by hunting down the target of the contract, you’ll need to assemble a team of mercenaries as well, all of which look like something out of Warhammer 40K.
Hunters: Episode One Features:
– Turn based strategy: Develop your own tactics and style of play in this turn-based strategy game.
– New Missions: Each day you’ll receive a set of contracts direct to the Bridge of your Spaceship, which you’ll have 24 real time hours to complete.
– Customize your team: Customize your team of Hunters with weapons and armour, before dropping into the turn based strategy game.
– Drop game: Navigate your Hunters through richly detailed environments. Take down AI controlled enemies and complete your Contract Objectives.
– Trade: Buy bigger, more powerful weapons. Stronger armor. Better equipment. New stock is available every hour.
– Levels and talents: Grow your team. Gain more equipment, upgrades, and special abilities. Build the most powerful team of mercenaries in the Universe.
One rather interesting feature about this game is that is uses real world time with the contracts. What we means by that is, when you get a new set of contracts on any particular day, you’ll have 24 hours (real time hours) to fulfill those contracts. Expanding on that, when buying upgrades and things like that, there is always new stock in the stores every hour, keeping things fresh and dynamic all the time.
As for overall content, there is a lot of it even though it is labeled as an ‘Episode One’ which hints at future episodes down the pipeline. For those of you interested in getting knee deep in hunting bounties in a futuristic world, you can pick up Hunters: Episode One off of the Google Play store for $4.79.
Google Play Link: Hunters: Episode One