Not too long ago we mentioned that Team 17 would be bringing their newest addition to their Worms franchise to Android soon. A few days ago Worms 2: Armageddon appeared on the Google Play store but only for residents of Canada only as a soft of quick soft launch to make sure all was well with their new game. As it turns out it seems that everything is good and now Worms 2: Armageddon is available for everyone to download.
If you happen to be familiar with the Worms franchise, this Worms 2: Armageddon is not the same as the one from back in the late 90’s and is instead a sequel to the more recent console version of Worms. Players will command their army of worms, moving them around each stage into strategic positions each turn. The goal is to take out your enemy and you have plenty of different worms to do that with, and by different type of worms we mean worms with bazookas or grenades. Before we go further into the game, here’s the huge features list for you to scan through.
Worms 2: Armageddon Features:
• Authentic Worms™ gameplay with cartoon-style visuals, comical audio and a refined control system using the innovative touch screen user interface
• New to Worms? Make sure to check out the Practice mode, where you can try out weapons against A.I. dummy worms
• 30 Single Player missions across 5 new themes including Manhattan, Medieval, Sports, Construction and Cheese
• Body Count Mode, take on endless waves of increasingly tough enemy worms
• Take on players from around the world with online Wi-Fi multiplayer action for 2 players
• Pass-and-Play with hotseat local multiplayer action for 2-4 players
• New weapons and utilities, including the Sentry Gun, Electromagnet, Napalm Strike, Super Sheep, Petrol Bomb, Armageddon, Pneumatic Drill, Earthquake and Poison Strike
• Classic Worms™ weaponry, including the return of the Sheep, Holy Hand Grenade, Concrete Donkey, Parachute, Baseball Bat and Ninja Rope
• Personalize the look of your team by changing your worms names, hat, skin, speechbank, gravestone, fort and victory dance!
• 12 different Game Styles including new modes Fort Mode and Crazy Crates and the return existing modes Easy, Normal, Pro, ‘Bazooka and Grenade’, Melee, Gun Show, Heads Up, Lightside, Darkside and Sudden Death. You can even create your own Custom Game Style!
As you move your worms around you want to keep in mind the weapon each worm has. You want to do this because you’ll need to figure out the power each weapon has and set the appropriate angles before shooting your weapon, hopefully hitting your target. While Worms 2: Armageddon features a nice variety of new weapons to use, a lot of the classic ones are there including ‘Sheep’ and the ‘Concrete Donkey’. As you may be guessing by now, the same sense of humor from previous Worms games happens to be in this one as well. You can also personalize how each of your worms looks with different pieces of clothing.
For those of you who got all excited a few days ago seeing Worms 2: Armageddon on Google Play but were hit with the realization that you couldn’t download it, you can sweep aside that nightmare now. Everyone should now be able to download the game which, should you choose to do so, will cost you $4.99. Oh, and in case you are wondering, there is multiplayer mode.
Side note: Some people are stating there there are still a few bugs in the game. Team 17 will most like be squashing those bugs quickly. No pun intended… or was there…
Thanks to Mathias T. for the tip!
Google Play Link: Worms 2: Armageddon