The Mount & Blade franchise of games is currently available for PC gamers to enjoy but that is all changing today as Nvidi and Taleworld Entertainment have unleashed Mount & Blade: Warband onto Android. The joyful chaos that is this franchise is indeed ow playable on Android, complete with all the multiplayer madness that you would be hoping for.
For those of you not familiar with this franchise, Mount & Blade is a bit of a mash-up of genres. It is an Action-RPG franchise (officially anyways) but also features sandbox-style gameplay as well. The entire franchise is really about the multiplayer gameplay where players will be placed onto one of the armies that are battling it out in a specific time period. In the case of Mount & Blade: Warband, this is the Napoleonic Wars.
Players will take control of their character and proceed to kill players on the opposing army. This can be done in a multitude of ways, from shooting another player outright to a bit more gruesome of a method like hacking them with a blade. It is open-world so you can fight within buildings, on hills, in forests, and just about any other terrain that is available on the particular map you happen to be fighting on.
Mount & Blade: Warband Features:
– Free-form sand-box gameplay. You are free to go anywhere in a world with more than a hundred unique locations including villages, castles and towns. Become the ruler of a faction and convince lords to become your vassals.
– Upgrade your companions to vassals by granting them lands
– Highly advanced and intuitive sword-fighting systems
– Groundbreaking mounted and foot combat. Use a vast variety of medieval weapons, each with unique characteristics
– Use most throwing weapons in close combat: Switch to using a javelin as a short spear when the enemy gets close
– You can be anything from a lonesome adventurer to a commander of armies or an owner of villages, castles or towns
– Sophisticated AI will challenge you in combat and in your strategic plans
– Freedom to interact with hundreds of characters
– Graphical support for HDR, FSAA, depth of field, soft particles, tone mapping, and many other effects
– Multiplayer battles with up to 64 players. Multiplayer modes include Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Conquest, Battle, and Siege
Play multiplayer matches on random maps as well as hand-designed ones
– Multiplayer equipment system: Earn money by fighting opponents or accomplishing goals
– Marry a lady of the realm for romance or cold political gain. Try to win a lady’s heart through poetry or bravery
– Troop Morale: Soldiers will break and run away if their morale gets too low
– Pick any projectile off the battlefield for use as additional munitions
– Motion captured realistic fighting animations
There are different types of multiplayer matches to partake in, whether you fancy Team Deathmatches, normal Deathmatches, or some of the more creative modes like Siege warfare maps. Whatever the choice is that you make, what actually happens when a match starts is nothing short of chaos but it is bloody fun, no pun intended. As you can see from the features list, there is a lot more to Mount & Blade: Warband then just killing other players and running around like a madman.
As it stands right now, Mount & Blade: Warband is available for owners of Android devices with Tegra 4 chips. This does include Nvidia Shield owners as well. As for pricing, you can pick up a copy of Mount & Blade: Warband for $????? off of both Google Play and TegraZone.
TegraZone Marketplace: Mount & Blade: Warband
Google Play Link: Mount & Blade: Warband