Given the circumstances surrounding the first Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition game and the fact that Android gamers are still waiting for the bloody thing to get released, this news is a bit of a shock considering that there is an actual specific release date for the newly announced Baldur’s Gate 2: Enhanced Edition game.
Update: December 17th, 2014 9:16am PST: Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition is now available on Google Play. It’ll cost you $9.99 to snag a copy which you can do through the link below.
Update: December 12th, 2014 8:47am PST: An official release date for the Android version of this game has been announced. Everyone who has been waiting for this game will soon be able to finally pick it up off of Google Play on December 16th, 2014. We will post another update when it actually is released. Hopefully the year of waiting will be worth it.
The sequel was hinted at sometime ago back when the first game was still in development. Since the first game’s release, it has had its Android development stop and the iOS version pulled due to contractual issues which were eventually solved. Once solved the iOS version returned and the Android version went back into development.
Now we have news that the second enhanced Baldur’s Gate game is well on its way to multiple platforms including Android on November 15th, 2013. Like the first game, Baldur’s Gate 2 will be getting a complete overhaul ranging from the visuals to four additional new characters, Widescreen support, easier multiplayer and more.
– The Final Chapter: Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition includes Baldur’s Gate II: Shadows of Amn and Baldur’s Gate II: Throne of Bhaal, the epic conclusion of the Bhaalspawn saga.
– Four New Party Members: Bundled with the PC and Mac versions and available as DLC for iPad and Android, four new characters can join you on your journey. At the behest of his dark patron, Dorn Il-Khan plunders and defiles the Sword Coast. Hunted by Red Wizards, Neera the Wild Mage evades and disrupts the Thayans at every turn. Exercising his growing combat mastery, the monk Rasaad yn Bashir leaves his former allies to hunt the dark figure that corrupted his brother. A mysterious thief in service to mysterious master seeks powerful artifacts from across the globe. Recruit them, use their powers, and uncover over 30 new locations.
– The Black Pits 2: Gladiators of Thay – Explore the tactical depth of high-level Dungeons & Dragons combat. Undermine your captors and prey upon their weaknesses while you dodge traps and battle for your life against Demi-Liches, Mind Flayers, and Githyanki.
– Easy Multiplayer: Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition makes it easy to find, list, and join multiplayer games, even while behind a firewall.
– Widescreen and More: Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition features full widescreen support, remastered area artwork from original renders, and a host of other interface and gameplay improvements.
It’ll cost you $25 big ones to buy this game if the pricing information is correct. Now we just need the first game to get released finally for Android.
Official Website: Baldur’s Gate 2: Enhanced Edition
Website Referenced: Kotaku