Welcome to the DroidGamers Forums and the Mecha Indie Android game store!

Welcome to the official DroidGamers forums as well as the Mecha Indie Android game store, or just Mecha for short. Whether you are a fan of the site or an Android game developer, everyone is welcome here. Developers can post about their new games, set up their own blog to stay in touch with fans, hold tournaments and giveaways, and even sell their games right here. Fans of the site can talk to their favorite developers, buy indie Android games, start up their own blogs, and be apart of the biggest and best Android gaming related website there is!

Photo

Jane Wilde by Level Bit

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

Get on board with this awesome Wild West pick-up-and-play shooter!

This is an all new cowboy side scrolling shooter game where your mission is to stay alive while killing as many undead creatures as possible. You do all this as the wild west’s first female sheriff!

To aid in your quest you have five upgradable weapons, including: revolvers, shotgun, gatling gun, a “Freeze” bow and the all-powerful fishgun! Additionally, you have seven quirky, yet effective powerups to help you survive any sticky situations.

Take pleasure in shooting, kicking and bombing tons of twisted creatures, such as vampires, bats, skeletons, centaurs and many more! What are you waiting for? Hours of unobstructed, undead-obliteration await!

Featuring:

● Five unique Wild West settings
● Over 30 levels of single player Story mode
● Five different stages in Survival mode
● Unlockable and upgradable weapons
● Special powers
● Dozens of undead monster types
● Boss fights
● Costumes
● Achievements
● Leaderboard

Price: Free

Google Play: https://play.google....elbit.texasvamp

mzl.zewzpcrq.320x480-75.jpg  mzl.jlpgnwud.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.ledfaxpq.320x480-75.jpg  mzl.epwyqgla.320x480-75.jpg

Current device: Acer Iconia Tab A510 (Android 4.1)

Favourite Android games: Anomaly Korea/Warzone Earth, Polara, Rayman Jungle Run, Shadowgun, Wind-up Knight, Auralux, Puddle, Super Hexagon, Devil's Attorney, Heroes Call

#2 Strah23

Strah23

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:04 AM

Jane approves this post :D

7789_531432046918527_380254937_n.jpg

We here at Level bit would love to hear your impressions about Jane Wilde, is the game fun for you(as this is the main point), is it hard, does Jane's appearance bother you and etc...

#3 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:28 AM

Hey dev,

I was just about to give this a go...but then it says incompatible with my device (Acer A510 tablet). The funny thing is, I have got about 10 other devices in my device list, and all of them except the SGN 10.1 are showing as compatible. Now that I look at it, the rest are basically phones. So is there any reason this is incompatible with tablets?

Favourite Android games: Anomaly Korea/Warzone Earth, Polara, Rayman Jungle Run, Shadowgun, Wind-up Knight, Auralux, Puddle, Super Hexagon, Devil's Attorney, Heroes Call

#4 CrisR82

CrisR82
  • LocationSpain

User's Awards

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

Hi everyone, the game is live on Google Play :) https://play.google....elbit.texasvamp

Enjoy the game and if could can write some feedback on perhaps would you like, don't like and would like to see :)

The game seems to be having a crash-issue when using the store (after a mission), more specifically the outfits part. If I browse the categories, then switch to outfits, it usually ends up freezing the game for about 5-10 seconds then just crashes back to my home screen.

Current device: Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 on Samsung official ROM based on Android 4.0.3

My Reviews on SuperGameDroid: http://www.supergame...uthor/kristian/
My DroidGamers blog: http://www.droidgame...ecks-out-games/
My Android gaming YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/crisr82

#5 Strah23

Strah23

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

Thanks for pointing this out!

There was an oversight and tablets were not compatible with the game... We are fixing the problem and you should be able to play Jane as soon as tomorrow on your tablet :) 

#6 gtman55

gtman55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

I downloaded the game and it seemed like fun but it kept locking my phone up. I had to delete it. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 running 4.0.4...

It locked up everytime I completed a level. Too bad.

#7 Webcrawler

Webcrawler

Elite Member

• Members
  • 324 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

Love the character designs in this game. I'm sure the dev will get the bugs ironed out.

#8 CrisR82

CrisR82
  • LocationSpain

User's Awards

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

I downloaded the game and it seemed like fun but it kept locking my phone up. I had to delete it. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 running 4.0.4...

It locked up everytime I completed a level. Too bad.

I'm also on a Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100, but on Android 4.1.2

Are you getting crashes in-game or at the game's store?

Current device: Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 on Samsung official ROM based on Android 4.0.3

My Reviews on SuperGameDroid: http://www.supergame...uthor/kristian/
My DroidGamers blog: http://www.droidgame...ecks-out-games/
My Android gaming YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/crisr82

#9 gtman55

gtman55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

My model is the i777 version of the S2. I complete a level and it goes to the next screen... store I think... and then freezes. It completely locked up my phone and I had to pull the battery twice so I just gave up.

I generally play my games offline if that makes a difference.

#10 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

Jane approves this post :D

We here at Level bit would love to hear your impressions about Jane Wilde, is the game fun for you(as this is the main point), is it hard, does Jane's appearance bother you and etc...

Well, I'm quite liking the game :) Not a single crash for me (yay!) 10 levels in, and the quality of this release has me impressed. It is fun (and most certainly satisfying) mowing down the undead with the Gatling gun...or going close to a bunch of them and blowing 'em up with a shotgun. Animations are very smooth and the art style is nice, though I must point out that the game stutters every once in a while. So far, the IAP balancing is really good. Upgraded the pistol, shotgun and Gatling each 3 or 4 times, and bought 3 power-ups thus far. Considering the amount of coins you earn increase significantly from level to level, I think you should be able to play through w/o needing to purchase anything more. And really, if you want to, the prices of the IAPs are very reasonable (tops out at $5). Controls are also fairly straightforward and easy to use, except for the power-ups buttons (see below).

Initially, I did have an issue with the ammo, but as soon as I got to the second world, this was a non-issue (you run out of ammo and need to purchase it from the store). While the game as it is is already good, I would like to make some suggestions. They're as follows:

1) Show the number of upgrades your guns have. You know, like a horizontal line bar that grows by one unit each time you upgrade it.

2) The power-up buttons are close to the centre of the screen. I'd imagine this to be a non-issue on phones, but on 10-inch tabs, reaching to them with out-stretched thumbs while in the thick of a mighty battle with the zombie horde is quite a difficult task. Would it be possible for users to move around the power-up buttons (and all on-screen buttons for that matter)? Or at least, give us the option to have them line-up to the sides of the screen for better thumb coverage?

3) Allow us to remove guns and power-ups from our inventory.

4) While I have not made any IAPs in the game, it seems like there is no option to disable ads. You should make it such that if anyone purchases any single IAP, the ads disappear. (Or maybe this is already the case but you didn't make it clear)

The game is challenging, but do-able I'd say. I mean, you don't want to be playing a game where you just bulldoze your way through, right? It doesn't seem like this game has any unfair difficulty spikes. I decided to take a break after getting my ass kicked by the second boss, but that's part of the challenge. Also, the game has some nice elements beyond just shooting down the zombies. Until where I have played, you can kick zombie skulls and also kick dogs that carry TNT explosives back into the horde. I'm also grateful the power-ups aren't one-time use items; instead they're random enemy drops that you can strategically use to your advantage. There are a few outfits you can buy for $0.99 but these are just for vanity's sake.

As for Jane's appearance, you may be walking a tight line there. I personally have no issues with it, but I can see others taking offence with her character being too sexualized. I mean, the game's already good, so you don't have to actually resort to such gimmicks to draw more people to download your game. Also, don't forget that females and young kids these days comprise a significant portion of mobile gamers, and they may take offence to it. 

All in all, Jane Wilde is a pretty decent game and hopefully you address some of the suggestions I made (especially about the power-ups placement). :)

#11 Strah23

Strah23

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

We will have to check about your bugs. I peresonally did a lot of testing on my Samsung S2 phone and didn't come accros any crashing or locking. In the offline mode it works even better but it could be something with the ads or something. But thaks you for telling us, we will try to fix it as soon as possible.

1. and 3. The guns menu was a tricky question from the start but we decieded to implement the quick change button and the swipe. As you can't finish the game without all the weapons we didn't think you need to remove any. With the powerups I agree and this could be something we could implement in the future.

2. This is a problem that we have noticed on bigger tablets, I played on the Samsung tab 2 and know that it's far to reach,especially in tricky situations :) . But there is no free space, if you put the in the left part you loose that part of the screen, and enemies do come from that part of the screen also. The other part is for the swipe menu. We have given a lot of thought to this but can't find a better solution that it is now...

4. This will definatly be implemented in the next update :)

If the game is not challenging enough, wait for the upcoming Hard mode that will be in the next update :)

As to the appearance, Jane Wilde is a game of where everithing is blown out of proportion, the guns, the blood, the monsters and Jane itself. It's ment to be funy and entertaining for the people that enjoy this kind of humor, but for anyone that doesn't they have other games to play :)

Thanks a lot for your suggestions and thoughts. We always appreciate such good feedback from our players :)

#12 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

Hey Strah23,

What I meant by 1) was on the gun upgrade screen. Let's us know how much more we can upgrade out gun.

And playing more of the game, I'm actually finding Level 2-5 seemingly impossible due to the nature of the way the power-ups are placed. There needs to be a better solution for 10-inch tablet users. I think you can still put it on the left part of the screen (the top half of the screen). This is because the buttons are not very big in the first place and you can make them semi-transparent.

Ok, I agree about all guns needing to be used, but what about rearranging their order? Different people may want a different gun to appear after clicking the "next gun" button. Or better still, allow us to have two gun buttons (one primary and one secondary)?

The controls here are deep and some elements of it seem ill-suited for touchscreens, such as switching weapons and activating power-ups in the middle of a heated battle. Can you consider adding in gamepad support? That would be really awesome.

PS: I just realized that the hit-boxes for the left/right button is not very big. I often don't move right when I click the inside section of the right button. Also, the controls get unresponsive at times. Need to click on them a couple of times to get them working.

#13 Strah23

Strah23

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:32 AM

1) I agree this could be something we could implement i the next updates, the only issue again would be space

The powerups placement is a problem defiantly but it's something we need to think about carefully...

About the guns placement, we spent a lot of time on the swipe mechanism and we believe that this plus the next weapon button work fine for a mobile game. The swipe is a little bit tricky n the beginning but once you get used to it it works perfectly with the next weapon button. Personally I use the swipe button only for the freeze bow and fish gun and then quickly change to pistols or Gatling gun...

Gamepad support would be cool but this might come a little bit later.

About the unresponsive controls, this must by some bug because we haven't seen this while testing. The controls were made for an easy going gaming experience and it's bad to hear that they are lagging on some devices.

Again thanks for the feedback it's much appreciated :)

#14 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

I've kept on coming back to this every now and again over the past couple of days....and I've made it to Level 5-9! Just a lil more and I should be done with it. Thing is, I found around the end of World 2 to be the hardest part of the game. World 4 and the first part of World 5 has been a walk in the park. I was also expecting new mechanics to be introduced later into the game, but after the exploding dog there was nothing. And aside from new bosses, there were no real new enemy types as well. Talking about bosses, the first few gave a good challenge, but the later ones have proven to be underwhelming. I suggest you make the bosses more badass! I was able to kill the 4 arm guy in less than 8 seconds! The bosses should always have a weak point to be exploited or something...currently they aren't challenging enough.

All things said, I have enjoyed the game (obviously, cause otherwise I wouldn't have played to the end). This is something like Fangz but more simplified, as well as being more fun and enjoyable to play. IAPs are not an issue (unlocked all bar one power-up and upgraded most guns to Lvl 6). Great stuff and I hope the game brings your team success!

#15 Strah23

Strah23

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:56 AM

I've kept on coming back to this every now and again over the past couple of days....and I've made it to Level 5-9! Just a lil more and I should be done with it. Thing is, I found around the end of World 2 to be the hardest part of the game. World 4 and the first part of World 5 has been a walk in the park. I was also expecting new mechanics to be introduced later into the game, but after the exploding dog there was nothing. And aside from new bosses, there were no real new enemy types as well. Talking about bosses, the first few gave a good challenge, but the later ones have proven to be underwhelming. I suggest you make the bosses more badass! I was able to kill the 4 arm guy in less than 8 seconds! The bosses should always have a weak point to be exploited or something...currently they aren't challenging enough.

All things said, I have enjoyed the game (obviously, cause otherwise I wouldn't have played to the end). This is something like Fangz but more simplified, as well as being more fun and enjoyable to play. IAPs are not an issue (unlocked all bar one power-up and upgraded most guns to Lvl 6). Great stuff and I hope the game brings your team success!

A lot of players found the game to hard so we had to balance it like this. But for people that found the game to easy (like you did :) ) we have un update coming with a Hard mode. This should really test your skills, especially the later stages in Nebraska.

Also we are planning a defense mode for Jane as we want to give more content to our players.

Really glad you liked the game, and I hope you will try the new mode in the next update :)

#16 gtman55

gtman55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:14 AM

I own both a Samsung Galaxy S2 phone and and Acer A200 tablet. The game has bugs on both. It locks my phone up and force closes on my tablet. Disappointring.

#17 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

A lot of players found the game to hard so we had to balance it like this. But for people that found the game to easy (like you did :) ) we have un update coming with a Hard mode. This should really test your skills, especially the later stages in Nebraska.

Also we are planning a defense mode for Jane as we want to give more content to our players.

Really glad you liked the game, and I hope you will try the new mode in the next update :)

I wouldn't exactly say it was easy. The hardest part was surely the post-initial stages (around 20% to 40% of the game). After that, maybe the manner I which I upgraded my guns, it became easy. Now, the final few levels of the game are once again providing a nice little challenge. Just beat 5-9 so I'm one away from being done :D

I own both a Samsung Galaxy S2 phone and and Acer A200 tablet. The game has bugs on both. It locks my phone up and force closes on my tablet. Disappointring.

Very odd. Absolutely not a single lock up on my tablet. Hope the devs fix it as you're missing out on something really good :)

#18 josue85

josue85

Pro Member

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:30 AM

Game has been running great on my Note 2.  I'm in world two, and I wonder if the devs are a little too generous with the in game money system.  I haven't had an issue buying upgrades so far.  If I don't ever need to buy any coins, I'll buy a costume or two just as a thank you to the devs, but I worry for them that most people won't feel the need to buy anything.  

It's a really delicate balance, you don't want to gouge players, but the devs also need to make some money.  I'm not sure what the answer is.

#19 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

Game has been running great on my Note 2.  I'm in world two, and I wonder if the devs are a little too generous with the in game money system.  I haven't had an issue buying upgrades so far.  If I don't ever need to buy any coins, I'll buy a costume or two just as a thank you to the devs, but I worry for them that most people won't feel the need to buy anything.  

It's a really delicate balance, you don't want to gouge players, but the devs also need to make some money.  I'm not sure what the answer is.

I don't know...maybe they should have a separate ad-free version with a special costume for $1.99? I agree with you...the game's economy is balanced as if it weren't "freemium".

#20 josue85

josue85

Pro Member

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

I don't know...maybe they should have a separate ad-free version with a special costume for $1.99? I agree with you...the game's economy is balanced as if it weren't "freemium".

Good idea, I would definitely pay a dollar or two to get rid of the annoying interstitial ads.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users