Welcome to the DroidGamers Forums and the Mecha Indie Android game store!

Welcome to the official DroidGamers forums as well as the Mecha Indie Android game store, or just Mecha for short. Whether you are a fan of the site or an Android game developer, everyone is welcome here. Developers can post about their new games, set up their own blog to stay in touch with fans, hold tournaments and giveaways, and even sell their games right here. Fans of the site can talk to their favorite developers, buy indie Android games, start up their own blogs, and be apart of the biggest and best Android gaming related website there is!

Photo

Shelter by Survivalist Games

CCG Castle defense

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:41 AM

Shelter is an exciting new zombie card-dueling game.

Playing like a hybrid of a collectible card game and the castle defence genre, Shelter will provide you with hours of challenging play.

Defend yourself from the zombie onslaught as you fight to be reunited with the woman you love. You define your strategy, but be warned...

...You'll need to adapt to survive.

Features:

- Deep but accessible gameplay. Easy to learn. Hard to master.
- More than 100 game cards.
- Integrated deck builder for deeply customisable play.
- Graphic novel & comic inspired hand drawn artwork.
- Compelling story and characters.
- 5 Campaign levels including a free roaming level.

Details:

The inspiration for Shelter comes from the desire to combine the complex, rich gaming mechanics of collectible card duelling games with the simple accessible gameplay of the castle defence genre.

Shelter is an asymmetric single-player card game where you build a deck of duelling cards and take them into battle against a zombie deck that "plays itself". The zombie deck is not controlled by a hideously complex AI, but plays based on a simple set of rules with dice rolls to add the element of chance. You must fight off the waves of zombies before they smash your shelter's barricades and start munching on your brains.

You choose your survival strategy when you build your deck. Do you pack as many guns into your deck as you can? Do you use traps and reinforce your defences? Do you stun stronger zombies and pick off the weak ones? You have the freedom to play as you want.

As you win duels, you will be rewarded with new cards to work into your deck and streamline your play style. You will also meet allies throughout the campaign who you take into battle with you. Each ally brings 5 themed cards to the table that allow you to experience different styles of play.

Price: $1.99

Google Play: https://play.google....r_droid.shelter

mzl.sezfgunh.320x480-75.jpg  mzl.yvfeyltk.320x480-75.jpg  mzl.kitreouk.320x480-75.jpg

Current device: Acer Iconia Tab A510 (Android 4.1)

Favourite Android games: Anomaly Korea/Warzone Earth, Polara, Rayman Jungle Run, Shadowgun, Wind-up Knight, Auralux, Puddle, Super Hexagon, Devil's Attorney, Heroes Call

#2 ducksFANjason

ducksFANjason

Pro Member

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

Seems cool though I'm completely over the whole zombie craze that seems to be so popular lately. Anyone play this? I love TCGs but only 5 campaign levels had me worried that there's not much content...

#3 SGDjames

SGDjames

Flashy Moderator

• Moderators
  • 449 posts
  • LocationCanada

User's Awards

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

I love the art style used here. The game just looks stunning. I have never played a TCG game though, so I'm not sure if it's for me. I will definitely be looking into this some more.

I was browsing the developers website and I found a trailer for the game, which is worth a look. 

Signature1-2.png

#4 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

Thanks for the trailer DroidFlash! I browsed the dev's website but somehow I couldn't find it. Anyways, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you I guess...never played a TCG (or is this a CCG?) or any kind of card game.

Favourite Android games: Anomaly Korea/Warzone Earth, Polara, Rayman Jungle Run, Shadowgun, Wind-up Knight, Auralux, Puddle, Super Hexagon, Devil's Attorney, Heroes Call

#5 Tadian

Tadian

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

Shelter Pulled Temporarily
Posted on 01/06/2013 at 12:45 pm by admin ·

Unfortunately, since release a number of users on different devices have reported an issue with lock-ups and freezes at various points in the game. Not everybody will be affected, but enough people have been hit that I have decided to pull Shelter from the various markets whilst I sort the problem.

I have tracked down the main issue, fixed it, and am now testing that it is fully sorted and was not hiding any other bugs. Once testing is complete I will re-submit to the various markets. In the case of Google Play, this will mean the game should be available again at some point this weekend if no other problems are found. For the Apple App Store and Amazon Appstore, their certification processes mean the game will not be available again until the end of next week at the earliest.

A huge apology to everyone who has been affected, and to those who were looking forward to downloading the game this weekend. Hopefully I can resolve this to everyone’s satisfaction as soon as possible.

http://www.survivali...ed-temporarily/

#6 Tadian

Tadian

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

Here is another Update

Beta Testers Needed
Posted on 03/06/2013 at 12:00 pm by admin ·

Calling all survivors!

Shelter will be making its way to iPhone and Android shortly. As you probably know, it was recently hit by a number of bugs that affected a cross section of users and that I found very hard to reproduce. In order to prevent the same issue from occurring again and to check that my fixes have fully caught the issue, I am opening the game up to beta testers through the Test-Flight system.

I need approximately 100 people to play the game on both Android and iPhone (50 per platform, iPhone 3GS+ and Android 2.3+ devices with WVGA or larger screens) and report any problems they find. The previous issue caused freezes and input issues at various points in play on certain devices.

If you are able to help and want to play Shelter for free then follow the link below:

Test Flight

Test flight will need you to register and install an app on your phone. This then acts as an app store for in development apps that you are subscribed to.

Thanks for your help in making Shelter the best game it can be.

Quelle: http://www.survivali...testers-needed/

#7 SGDjames

SGDjames

Flashy Moderator

• Moderators
  • 449 posts
  • LocationCanada

User's Awards

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

Thanks for the update Tadian. I'll see if I can help them with the testing. It's always nice to be able to help out a developer.

Signature1-2.png

#8 SGDjames

SGDjames

Flashy Moderator

• Moderators
  • 449 posts
  • LocationCanada

User's Awards

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

So I got in to the beta testing that was mentioned above, and I I thought I'd post a few of my impressions on the game so far. 

First off, the game has a great tutorial which really gives you a great understanding of how the mechanics work. This was really great to see, as I am new to the card-battle genre, and this brought my up to speed on the mechanics. It's actually pretty straight forward to learn. It's kind of like a turn-based RPG but with cards.

Secondly, the gameplay is a lot of fun too. I have only played about an hour or so split between my two devices, but what I've played is a lot of fun. The battle system is easy to learn, and I'm sure it gets even better once you get more cards in your deck.

Thirdly, I have to say that the graphics are beautiful. The game sports a graphic-novel look (as you can see in the trailer and screenshots), and everything just has a great amount of polish. The cards all look great, and everything has it's own unique look and feel to it. The game was also created by one person (or that's what I understood from one of the emails sent to me), which is truly impressive. 

I will definitely be picking up the full version when it comes out. So far is seems like a high quality game that is worth checking out - even for those new to the genre.

I will post more impressions if my opinion changes as I get further into the game. 

As for the beta testing, I haven't experienced any bugs on either of my two devices yet. Apparently the developer is getting close to figuring it out, but it's still not there yet.

Signature1-2.png

#9 SGDjames

SGDjames

Flashy Moderator

• Moderators
  • 449 posts
  • LocationCanada

User's Awards

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

Shelter has just made it's way back onto Google Play.

https://play.google....r_droid.shelter

Signature1-2.png

#10 Spacejam

Spacejam

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

So anyone have any impressions now that it's back up?

#11 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:41 AM

So anyone have any impressions now that it's back up?

DroidFlash posted some impressions above, though it was based on the post-release Beta version he played. Still, it should do if you want to get an idea of what the game's about.

#12 aki

aki

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

"Why is this game NOT popular!?" - Me

Im still in Ch.2(3rd if you count the tutorial) and im still immersed(i have yet to die though(though i have some close calls) but it is challenging). Ill post my thoughts later.

As for content "5 Campaign levels including a free roaming level." There are optional maps where you can farm up on cards before proceeding though. And at the website itself says theres more content to come

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CCG, Castle defense

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users