Welcome to the DroidGamers Forums and the Mecha Indie Android game store!

Welcome to the official DroidGamers forums as well as the Mecha Indie Android game store, or just Mecha for short. Whether you are a fan of the site or an Android game developer, everyone is welcome here. Developers can post about their new games, set up their own blog to stay in touch with fans, hold tournaments and giveaways, and even sell their games right here. Fans of the site can talk to their favorite developers, buy indie Android games, start up their own blogs, and be apart of the biggest and best Android gaming related website there is!

Photo

Humble Bundle with Android 6

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

998120_553078561402119_761094356_n.jpg

As widely expected, the Humble Bundle with Android #6 is here!

The game's that are a part of the base bundle:

- Aquaria*

- Fractal*

- Organ Trail: Director's Cut

- Stealth Bastard Deluxe*

- Pulse*

The BTA (beat the average) games:

- Frozen Synapse*

- Broken Sword: Director's Cut

PS: Games marked with * are making their Android debut with this bundle.

Website URL: https://www.humblebundle.com/

Current device: Acer Iconia Tab A510 (Android 4.1)

Favourite Android games: Anomaly Korea/Warzone Earth, Polara, Rayman Jungle Run, Shadowgun, Wind-up Knight, Auralux, Puddle, Super Hexagon, Devil's Attorney, Heroes Call

#2 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

I purchased the bundle and beat the average without thinking really. With Frozen Synapse in there, and two of Cipher Prime's atmospheric puzzlers (Fractal and Pulse) a part of the bundle as well, it was a no brainer. The two other new games look promising too. Now I've got my hands full with a bunch of new games to play with :)

Favourite Android games: Anomaly Korea/Warzone Earth, Polara, Rayman Jungle Run, Shadowgun, Wind-up Knight, Auralux, Puddle, Super Hexagon, Devil's Attorney, Heroes Call

#3 SGDjames

SGDjames

Flashy Moderator

• Moderators
  • 449 posts
  • LocationCanada

User's Awards

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

This looks like it might be the best Humble Bundle for Android to date. Lots of cool looking games this time around. 

I think I'm most stoked for Stealth Bastard Deluxe though.

Signature1-2.png

#4 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

This looks like it might be the best Humble Bundle for Android to date. Lots of cool looking games this time around. 

I think I'm most stoked for Stealth Bastard Deluxe though.

Yeah, never heard about it before. Just had a closer look at it and it has piqued my interest! Precision platformer plus stealth puzzles...sounds good. It's also the newest game among them all, as it made it's PC debut last December only.

#5 CrisR82

CrisR82
  • LocationSpain

User's Awards

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

Damn it Humble! T_T

Bought the weekly sale last night with a deal not to buy any others for the next 1 month and 2 weeks...now they released this...I hate you Humble! :(

Oh well, here's my comment on it:
I have played Stealth Bastard on PC (the free version), it's pretty fun if you ask me...but personally from the "pay what you want" bunch, Organ Trail: Director's Cut might be the best in my eyes...I've seen Let's Plays of the PC version and it's really cool for a rogue-like'ish game.

Never played any of the other games so cant comment on them...though I heard Frozen Synapse is amazing...from a lot of people...so guess it might be.

Current device: Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 on Samsung official ROM based on Android 4.0.3

My Reviews on SuperGameDroid: http://www.supergame...uthor/kristian/

My DroidGamers blog: http://www.droidgame...ecks-out-games/

My Android gaming YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/crisr82

#6 awp69

awp69

Elite Member

• Members
  • 447 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

When I heard about this, I immediately purchased. The only thing that I was a little concerned with is the "beta" after Frozen Synapse. Will it update to the final version when it's released?

#7 CrisR82

CrisR82
  • LocationSpain

User's Awards

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

When I heard about this, I immediately purchased. The only thing that I was a little concerned with is the "beta" after Frozen Synapse. Will it update to the final version when it's released?

Yeah, they wrote in the game description that once it's out, they'll update it...also they said it IS the full version but it has performance and occasional graphics issues, but other than that it's the complete thing.

Current device: Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 on Samsung official ROM based on Android 4.0.3

#8 awp69

awp69

Elite Member

• Members
  • 447 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:40 PM

Yeah, they wrote in the game description that once it's out, they'll update it...also they said it IS the full version but it has performance and occasional graphics issues, but other than that it's the complete thing.

Thanks. Great bundle, but with a lot of big games size wise, probably won't be installing them all right away. Sweet how many of them are making their Android debut.

#9 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

Frozen Synapse seemed a bit deep, so I'll get back to it a bit later, but I played a good 8 levels of Stealth Bastard and I like the game overall. However, the controls don't cut it for me (I'd just rather prefer left/right buttons since this is a precision platformer) and the performance is sketchy with occasional frame drops. Fractal is kinda unique puzzle game but it's either you like it or hate it. Played 5 levels but have not fully grasped the concept of the game. Pulse is a music-rhythm game and again, you either like it or hate it.

#10 awp69

awp69

Elite Member

• Members
  • 447 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

So far I like the games I've tried - particularly Stealth Bastard. For some reason, I actually like the controls and framerate drops haven't been noticable on my N7. Aquaria and Pulse are good.

Frozen Synapse looks good, but challenging to learn. Seems like the controls on that could be easier. Like the line drawing me mechanic doesn't work the way you'd expect it to. And the aiming system is odd. Probably need to watch all of the tutorials. I like the ideas in it as far as planning your moves and guessing those of the enemy. Just is a little confusing and unintuituve. Definately going to give it time though. It's what I've been wanting for a while.

Haven't tried Fractal or Organ Trail yet. And not enough room for Broken Sword (not a huge fan of point and click games anyway, even though I know it's a classic).

#11 Kashmieer

Kashmieer

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAntalya / Turkey

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

If you ask me, I say Aquaria is the best amongst all. The design, music and voices are really intense and cool. You must try. 

#12 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:43 PM

@awp69

Nah, as you play further in, you can clearly see the controls limit this game. Even if there were permanent left/right buttons, I don't think it could save the game. I remember some time back that the reason the devs stated Super Meat Boy can't come to mobile is due to the controls...and it's so true. Touchscreens are no good for twitch platformers, unless of course if it's an auto-moving platformer (like Polara and Bobbing). Since it's not a graphically intensive game and the gameplay has me hooked, I may just install this on my PC (hopefully the progress carries over with the online account).

Got Broken Sword via the $0.25 sale last year since people were swooning over it and I thought I'd give a classic P&C a try for once, but nah, this is not a genre that appeals to me.

@Kashmieer

Yeah heard a few people now saying that Aquaria is the best of the lot. I didn't download it cause I thought it was a fairly dated game (released in 2007), but will definitely check it out later.

#13 Kashmieer

Kashmieer

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAntalya / Turkey

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:55 PM

I know it was released in 2007 but Aquaria isn't a outdated game. Telling you again man, It is the best of all. Also the story of the girl is really interesting. 

#14 CrisR82

CrisR82
  • LocationSpain

User's Awards

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:29 AM

From what I can tell though, most games seem to be more tablet-oriented...at least looking at the requirements page it seems to keep a "big screen" trend

#15 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

From what I can tell though, most games seem to be more tablet-oriented...at least looking at the requirements page it seems to keep a "big screen" trend

I think you can't fault them. All of the games were released on PC first, with probably no idea of going mobile at the time of development. And well...PC screen sizes are tens of times larger than the average size of a phone screen. The good thing is, being DRM free, the game will install on any device, so you can call the shots. If you think it's bearable, go ahead and install the game. The Google Play release of Frozen Synapse already lists phones as incompatible.

---------------------------------------------

I installed Stealth Bastard on my PC, and my suspicions were proven true. The game is just so much more playable there. It runs on a noticeably higher framerate, has better graphics and some additional effects, and most importantly, the controls are tight and do not become the cause of your deaths.

#16 CrisR82

CrisR82
  • LocationSpain

User's Awards

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:44 AM

I think you can't fault them. All of the games were released on PC first, with probably no idea of going mobile at the time of development. And well...PC screen sizes are tens of times larger than the average size of a phone screen. The good thing is, being DRM free, the game will install on any device, so you can call the shots. If you think it's bearable, go ahead and install the game. The Google Play release of Frozen Synapse already lists phones as incompatible.

---------------------------------------------

I installed Stealth Bastard on my PC, and my suspicions were proven true. The game is just so much more playable there. It runs on a noticeably higher framerate, has better graphics and some additional effects, and most importantly, the controls are tight and do not become the cause of your deaths.

Yeah, the Humble Bundle stuff is always a great deal when it comes to that...I seriously wish they add a gift/pre-payed-card payments...or SMS or something =|

...though I do also kind'a hate how they install 500MB+ on the internal storage rather than cache on the SD/externalSD card like normal o_o

#17 SGDjames

SGDjames

Flashy Moderator

• Moderators
  • 449 posts
  • LocationCanada

User's Awards

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:23 AM

Three more games were just added to the bundle:

McPixel

Waking Mars

NightSky

Even more reason to download it. I've wanted to get McPixel for the longest time!

Signature1-2.png

#18 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

McPixel

Waking Mars

NightSky

Even more reason to download it. I've wanted to get McPixel for the longest time!

For those who didn't/haven't gotten Waking Mars, this must be a real good addition. I've already got that and NightSky, so doesn't make much difference to me. McPixel doesn't look like something I'd look forward to play.

#19 awp69

awp69

Elite Member

• Members
  • 447 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

Already had Night Sky from an earlier HB, Also have Waking Mars on iOS but it's been sitting in my backlog so think I'm going to download it on my N7 to enjoy it on a bigger screen.

Although McPixel may not look like much, I've heard great things about it so I'll definitely check it out.

Has anyone gotten into Frozen Synapse? I've been inundated with games (and lack of time) so I haven't been able to really dig into learning it (still wish it had a dang in-game tutorial).

#20 CrisR82

CrisR82
  • LocationSpain

User's Awards

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

McPixel

Waking Mars

NightSky

...I'm officially pissed off at Humble Bundle...a few hours ago I was thinking "ok I'll miss out on 3 games"...now they add McPixel! =|

I'll be honest, adding McPixel is quite the shock for me...and I HIGHLY recommend playing it...it's...hard to explain, but it's an amazing game!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users