Welcome to the DroidGamers Forums and the Mecha Indie Android game store!

Welcome to the official DroidGamers forums as well as the Mecha Indie Android game store, or just Mecha for short. Whether you are a fan of the site or an Android game developer, everyone is welcome here. Developers can post about their new games, set up their own blog to stay in touch with fans, hold tournaments and giveaways, and even sell their games right here. Fans of the site can talk to their favorite developers, buy indie Android games, start up their own blogs, and be apart of the biggest and best Android gaming related website there is!

Photo

OUYA Sideloaded Games List

OUYA Sideloaded Games Controller Working

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Webcrawler

Webcrawler

Elite Member

• Members
  • 324 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:00 AM

So i've been testing a ridiculous amount of sideloaded games on the OUYA and figured i'd post a list of every game i've found that works with the controller. I've probably spent more time testing than actually playing! :eek: 

Every game below runs great and works perfectly with the controller although in some cases you will need to use the touchpad to navigate menus or change the ingame button config.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AVP: Evolution
Auralux
Beach Buggy Blitz
Blitz Brigade (Amazon App Store - Requires USB HID Device Trick)
Burn Zombies Burn
Chrono 'n Cash
Cordy 1
Cordy 2
Crazy Taxi Thanks billouetaudrey!
Dead Trigger
Dungeon Hunter 4 (Amazon App Store/Gameloft WAP store - Sword Swing button not working for melee classes but twin stick setup for wizard and archer is working well)
Expendable: Rearmed
FDroid Thanks Geekygamer!
Galaxy Hero Thanks ghneko!
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Gunman Clive
Groundskeeper
Helium Boy
Jet Set Radio
Jett Tailfin Racers THD
Lode Runner X
Machine Knight
Modern Combat 4 (Amazon App Store - Requires USB HID Device Trick)
Monster Wheels Offroad Thanks Mathen!
Meganoid
Meganoid 2
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug X
Mini Army
Max Payne
Neoteria
OpenTyrian Thanks ghneko!
Pacman
Plasma Sky
Pocket League Soccer (dpad working but touchpad needed to select) Thanks paco8!
Quadropus Rampage
Quake 1 Thanks poo-tang!
Quake 2 Thanks poo-tang!
Quake 3 Thanks poo-tang!
Razor Salvation
Repulze
RetroArch Thanks Kavex!
Return To Castle Wolfenstein Thanks poo-tang!
Rico
Riptide GP
Riptide GP 2 Thanks hotker79!
Shadowgun/Shadowgun THD (must skip main campaign's intro movie or will crash, otherwise perfect)
Shine Runner
Spectral Souls Thanks ghneko!
Sonic The Hedgehog 1, CD, 4 Episode 1, and 4 Episode 2
Space Trooper USA
Sprinkle
Sprinkle Islands
Switch
The Conduit HD
Wave Blazer
Virtua Tennis
Zenonia 1, 2, 3, 4
Zombie Driver THD

Special Cases

Crazy Taxi (Only works with MOGA controller)
M.U.S.E. (Only works with MOGA controller)
Real Boxing (Only works with MOGA controller)
Onlive works perfectly but you need a fast internet conection
Playing Kingdom Rush and other strategy titles on a big screen by plugging in a USB mouse is awesome!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure there are many more so help me fill out this list!

#2 CrisR82

CrisR82
  • LocationSpain

User's Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:56 AM

So i've been testing a ridiculous amount of sideloaded games on the OUYA and figured i'd post a list of every game i've found that works with the controller. I've probably spent more time testing than actually playing! eek.gif 

I'm sure there are many more so help me fill out this list!

That's a pretty cool list you have there...quick question though - have you tried any Playstation 1 on Nintendo 64 emulators on it?

Current device: Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 on Samsung official ROM based on Android 4.0.3

My Reviews on SuperGameDroid: http://www.supergame...uthor/kristian/
My DroidGamers blog: http://www.droidgame...ecks-out-games/
My Android gaming YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/crisr82

#3 Webcrawler

Webcrawler

Elite Member

• Members
  • 324 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:55 AM

Yup, you can download Mupen64 and FPSE straight from the OUYA app store. FPSE runs buttery smooth, i've never seen Metal Gear Solid emulated as well as I have with FPSE on the OUYA. Mupen 64 works but at present is a little sluggish unless you pump up the frame skip settings. There is also Snes9x and all the .emu emulators as well.

All the 'oid series emulators are really sluggish on Android 4.0+

#4 Bookaroo

Bookaroo

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

I got my Ouya android couple days ago. First a little background from me, I am hard gamer from the beginning. I bought & played to Trs80, Commodore, Coleco, Atari, Sega & finally PC.  I have been without a gaming console for a couple of years. I prefer play to PC games i got with PEER TO PEER. I had thought about buying a Xbox One or a Playstation 4 but I couldn’t bring my self to pay $400 to $500 on a console plus 60$ for every game...

With my OUYA i already can play to all my favorite emulators on my TV , go on internet, watch Youtube and i can upload & try tons of android games & apps by USB side loading for free !!

I think the future of emulation on a console like device is in Android. I picked up an OUYA,  because I think the future is here. I picked up because I think it is a step in the right direction and I want to have experience in this space. I'm hoping enough people buy them to give it a bit of life because I think it has potential

For $99, I'm really happy with the little bit I've played with it so far. There is s a decent community supporting the little box that is much easier to hack than an OG xBox.

When I heard all the noise about the new gaming console that was a Kickstarter project called Ouya I became intrigued. So, at the beginning of April after the Kickstarter project had become successful I preordered one and i don't regret !

Ouya is NOT a normal console!" "It claims to be a console, but not one that we're thinking of." "One of the big points of Ouya, is to shake up the gaming industry with something extremely different and accessable for users and developers alike.

I would tell anyone who buys a Ouya  to remember is that this console only cost you $99.00 and if you compare it to an Xbox One or a Playstation 4 you will be highly disappointed. However if you remember that it is a $99.00 console I think you will have a lot of fun playing the games that are available on it. You may even find some independent games that you really like. Overall despite the few problems, so far I am happy I purchased the Ouya. If you are looking for a gaming console you can play on your TV and it will not break the bank, then the Ouya is worth a look.

If you want get OUYA console specifications or buy online a OUYA console can you suggest to go to THIS LINK
OR
Click on this picture :
ouyabannerforum.jpg
I only want encourage this nice open source idea.

Big names of gaming industries try to discredit OUYA console & prevent any advertising of  this free concept.  I will don't let industries kill this open source paradise !!!

New free games & apps appears every day on OUYA console!!!   
  THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING !!!

#5 Webcrawler

Webcrawler

Elite Member

• Members
  • 324 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

I am much happier with mine now that i've got the Google Play Store installed. Me and a couple other guys figured out how to get Gameloft games working and I even discovered an exploit that tricks Gameloft games into thinking the OUYA controller is a MOGA!

#6 SpiritOfOnyx

SpiritOfOnyx

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

I've got Anomaly Korea to work pretty well with a mouse, aside from it lagging badly. The Original Anomaly Warzone Earth doesn't work at all. Riptide GP 2 works beautifully along with the original, both game's menus even supporting he controller. For me Dead Trigger seizes up about 2 minutes into gameplay every time, and the menus are fairly difficult to navigate with a touchpad. Arma Tactics THD is meant to be played with an Xbox controller, reads the ouya controller, and maps the buttons horribly wrong.

Mupen gets the camera coordinates wrong on mine, and fpse won't play sound for longer than the first menu. ePSXe works smoothly. n64oid works as fast as it needs to, but won't render dynamic objects occasionally.

Shadowgun is now on the actual ouya store, albeit not the tegra 3 enhanced version...

#7 Webcrawler

Webcrawler

Elite Member

• Members
  • 324 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

The sound cutting out on FPSE(at least the official OUYA version) is part of the games DRM. You have to buy the full version for $2.99 for sound.

#8 Gokuraku

Gokuraku

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:22 AM

Hi Guys,

I've bought Ouya since a few days. It is a great solution especially for retrogaming!

Obviously I immediately tried also some games and I begin to have some problems.

My first problem is with The Conduit HD (sideload).

The game loads without problems but during the game the two analog controllers don't work.

The keys instead (shot, zoom, etc..) work well.

Anyone have any suggestions? @SuperCraigDroid Which version have you tried? (I tried 1.06)

Thanks a lot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OUYA, Sideloaded, Games, Controller, Working

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users