Welcome to the DroidGamers Forums and the Mecha Indie Android game store!

Welcome to the official DroidGamers forums as well as the Mecha Indie Android game store, or just Mecha for short. Whether you are a fan of the site or an Android game developer, everyone is welcome here. Developers can post about their new games, set up their own blog to stay in touch with fans, hold tournaments and giveaways, and even sell their games right here. Fans of the site can talk to their favorite developers, buy indie Android games, start up their own blogs, and be apart of the biggest and best Android gaming related website there is!

Photo

Bounty Hunter: Black Dawn ($2.99 > 99¢)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 razorracer83

razorracer83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationNew York City, New York (United States)

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

Bounty Hunter Black Dawn is on sale for the weekend for only 99 cents.

From what I've played of it so far, yes it is indeed IAP based as far as in game currency is concerned, but it looks like you can get mithril through quests (albeit very rarely).  Whether you get enough mithril through quests to unlock all the important items like inventory slots, or if you can do repeatable quests that have mithril as a reward, is left until I get later in the game.  As far as gameplay is concerned, it's great.  The controls are good and it runs really great on my ASUS TF300T.  The graphics aren't the best, but they are definitely far from the worst.  If this game is as much like Borderlands as it aims to be, I can see myself playing this for quite a while.  At $2.99, the price stings, given the IAP restrictions.  At 99¢, it certainly wouldn't hurt to try, and it is definitely worth it.

Bounty Hunter: Black Dawn Google Play Link:  

https://play.google....games.blackdawn

#2 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

Yeah, if you want a decent Borderlands-esque RPG with lots of loot, this is for you. I agree...at $2.99 it was a tough sell with the over-bearing IAPs, but for a buck there's no harm trying if you're a fan of the genre at the very least.

Having said that, I'd also like to point out that iOS has got a free version of this game (last week I think it was)...won't be long before Android gets it too I suppose.

Current device: Acer Iconia Tab A510 (Android 4.1)

Favourite Android games: Anomaly Korea/Warzone Earth, Polara, Rayman Jungle Run, Shadowgun, Wind-up Knight, Auralux, Puddle, Super Hexagon, Devil's Attorney, Heroes Call

#3 awp69

awp69

Elite Member

• Members
  • 457 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

I've been playing this on iOS and really haven't felt any need to get IAPs. Not sure about the Android version, but the iOS had a mithril bonus upon purchase and you could also get some just by going to the online section daily (even if you didn't play a PVP game).

Don't know, but I didn't have any regrets at $2.99 and haven't spent a dime since. Certainly worth a buck.

#4 Mikes_phone_and_tab

Mikes_phone_and_tab

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

Done. Bought. I've already been playing it for a few hours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users