Welcome to the DroidGamers Forums and the Mecha Indie Android game store!

Welcome to the official DroidGamers forums as well as the Mecha Indie Android game store, or just Mecha for short. Whether you are a fan of the site or an Android game developer, everyone is welcome here. Developers can post about their new games, set up their own blog to stay in touch with fans, hold tournaments and giveaways, and even sell their games right here. Fans of the site can talk to their favorite developers, buy indie Android games, start up their own blogs, and be apart of the biggest and best Android gaming related website there is!

Photo

FIFA 14 - Android

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 VasilanMihai

VasilanMihai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:28 AM

Gameplay: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QL-LdAUsreU

To be honest, i hope this mode is somehow optional so i can still go back to joystick because swiping sucks on games like FIFA. From what i sow, the graphics are just a bit improved....

Menu / Infos: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WAWdl3v0Jvg

"We no longer have virtual buttons" 

so probably, we won't have any choice but playing with the new sucky way. You also, won't get the commentaries, you have to buy em from the game wich cost like 3$ and comes in 5 different languages. 

ETA: The game will come out in the same day when it comes out for Consoles :) 

#2 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

I don't know what EA's problem is. No FIFA 13 for Android, but there will be a FIFA 14? I will believe it when I see it.

Current device: Acer Iconia Tab A510 (Android 4.1)

Favourite Android games: Anomaly Korea/Warzone Earth, Polara, Rayman Jungle Run, Shadowgun, Wind-up Knight, Auralux, Puddle, Super Hexagon, Devil's Attorney, Heroes Call

#3 VasilanMihai

VasilanMihai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

Probably because is iOS Exclusive :) 

#4 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

Nah, I never heard of FIFA 13 being an iOS exclusive on mobile.

Anyways, with respect to the game's controls, I am a bit skeptical. The touch gestures seem to dumb the game down. Then again, I got FIFA 13 on iOS, and I thought the joystick + buttons controls were "flat". It was my first football game on a touchscreen, and I found it extremely disappointing. This was the one instance where I thought the lack of an actual gamepad hindered the gameplay so much so I just stopped playing it after a couple of hours. I played PES and FIFA to death on my PS2, and now PES/FIFA 12/13 a my cousins place, so you can consider me a football game veteran, lol.

They should offer alternate virtual joystick + buttons controls for purists, but I'll likely try the touch gesture based control scheme to see if it sticks or not (I'm not going in with high hopes).

Favourite Android games: Anomaly Korea/Warzone Earth, Polara, Rayman Jungle Run, Shadowgun, Wind-up Knight, Auralux, Puddle, Super Hexagon, Devil's Attorney, Heroes Call

#5 VasilanMihai

VasilanMihai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:21 AM

Neah, i dont have hopes too. Touchscreen will ruin the gaming experience because all you do is swiping and dragging, that's not how a FIFA (sport-game) work. It should give the felling that you're in game...with touch-screen....it don't do that at all.

#6 scamaro

scamaro

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

Hello, i just want to let you guys know that online multiplayer will be exclusive on ios and not android.Heres the weird part...google has a new seevice called google play game services.EA does not have to do the hard work to play multiplayer.They just need to integrate the service in fifa 14.This just shows that EA will not put in effort for the android version of fifa 14.What do you guys think?

#7 rv5750

rv5750

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

Joystick controls are still there in FIFA 14. See on pocketgamer. No need to worry about it. But you are right about commentary packs VasilanMihai which will be around 400 MB of download and the game will be around 1 gig so the total is 1.4 gigs.

#8 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

Joystick controls are still there in FIFA 14. See on pocketgamer. No need to worry about it. But you are right about commentary packs VasilanMihai which will be around 400 MB of download and the game will be around 1 gig so the total is 1.4 gigs.

Wow, no kidding...you have to BUY the commentary packs!? That is ridiculous. Commentary is like integral to enjoying a full footballing experience. If that is really the case, they better put a disclaimer in the game description. I'd be pissed paying $7 then shelling out another $3 for commentary!

#9 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

FIFA 14 is gonna be free to play on mobile devices. Oh, THE HORROR!!!  :( :angry: :(

Launch is 27th of September btw.

http://www.pocketgam...ews.asp?c=53195

#10 imad8492

imad8492

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:42 AM

I don't know what EA's problem is. No FIFA 13 for Android, but there will be a FIFA 14? I will believe it when I see

Yes,there would be, but why there are in-app purchases in FIFA 14.......

so, it means FIFA 13 was better than FIFA 14, except the graphical improvements.

#11 rv5750

rv5750

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:59 AM

I think it'll be same like Real Football 2013 from Gameloft.

#12 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:06 AM

Yes,there would be, but why there are in-app purchases in FIFA 14.......

so, it means FIFA 13 was better than FIFA 14, except the graphical improvements.

The why is simple....EA stands to make A LOT more money selling energy/stamina bars and the likes of it than pricing the game $7 outright.

FIFA 13 (the mobile iOS version) will almost certainly be better than FIFA 14. Sadly Android didn't get 13 so we will have to go back to 12.

I think it'll be same like Real Football 2013 from Gameloft.

Don't talk about RF man. That's the most pathetic football game I've played...and to think the masters of the genre (EA) would have one day gone down the same path....crazy!

#13 RoD_

RoD_

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

If only Konami did not quit the Play Store...that sucks and forces us into buying the only soccer game that looks reasonable. Enough of that copyloft's thrash called real football, that's like real trashy football game-wannabe.

And when it comes from EA all I can expect is all our needs as gamers NOT to be heard by them. That means no controller support, no multi player over BT/Internet, no way to install the game in to the SD card...and yet they dare to play around with our money asking for it for the basic stuff. Commentary costs extra bucks "because its a DLC". Really?!

EA's staff make sure to speak "the mobile gamer language" only when it comes to money.

There is no way they're going to support the Moga Pro controller for Fifa14 because that would give Android gamers what icrapple sheeps don't have, that's the same reason ea's games go on sale for free on icrapp store, whereas on the Play store the prices have never EVER dropped.

_|_ ea.

#14 scamaro

scamaro

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

hey guys i search for fifa 12 from the play store,and it seems that EA has pull it out..i have a feeling their gonna replace it with Fifa 14 really soon.Im excited how about you guys??

#15 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

hey guys i search for fifa 12 from the play store,and it seems that EA has pull it out..i have a feeling their gonna replace it with Fifa 14 really soon.Im excited how about you guys??

No, it's still there. Just checked.

Either way, FIFA 14 is coming on Android on 27th September, which is exactly 2 weeks away!

#16 scamaro

scamaro

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

Wow finally an exact date for the release..thanks a lot Himmat!!:)

#17 rv5750

rv5750

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

See this. When I clicked on the link it shows 'not available in your country' message. https://play.google....game.fifa14_row

#18 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

See this. When I clicked on the link it shows 'not available in your country' message. https://play.google....game.fifa14_row

Wow, it's out! But yes, not available to me too. I wonder why, since this is the ROW version anyways.

#19 rv5750

rv5750

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:54 AM

FIFA 14 is released in Romania and probably Singapore according to Android Police.

#20 rv5750

rv5750

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

Now it's available in all countries.
EDIT: Not in all countries, still not available in some countries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users