Welcome to the DroidGamers Forums and the Mecha Indie Android game store!

Welcome to the official DroidGamers forums as well as the Mecha Indie Android game store, or just Mecha for short. Whether you are a fan of the site or an Android game developer, everyone is welcome here. Developers can post about their new games, set up their own blog to stay in touch with fans, hold tournaments and giveaways, and even sell their games right here. Fans of the site can talk to their favorite developers, buy indie Android games, start up their own blogs, and be apart of the biggest and best Android gaming related website there is!

Photo

Cave Summer Sale - Dodonpachi Resurrection, Espgaluda II, Deathsmiles and Mushihimasema Bug Attack

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

cave.png

===CAVE WORLD SUMMER SALE===

CAVE WORLD SUMMER SALE starts on August 10th, 2013 offering apps including "ESPGALUDA II", "DODONPACHI RESURRECTION" and the latest Android apps: “MUSHIHIMESAMA BUG PANIC” and “Deathsmiles”at a limited-time special price.

Sale Period: August 10th, 2013 (Sat) - August 18th ,2013 (Sun). We hope you take the advantage of this opportunity and enjoy your summer.

Dodonpachi Resurrection - $7.99 > $5.99

Espgaluda II - $7.99 > $5.99

Deathsmiles - $11.99 > $6.99

Mushihimasema Bug Attack - $6.99 > $4.99

Current device: Acer Iconia Tab A510 (Android 4.1)

Favourite Android games: Anomaly Korea/Warzone Earth, Polara, Rayman Jungle Run, Shadowgun, Wind-up Knight, Auralux, Puddle, Super Hexagon, Devil's Attorney, Heroes Call

#2 gtman55

gtman55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

I can't believe that Cave allows that forced G-Gee social integration on these games. At least give the buyer the option to say yes or no. I'd never buy a game that forces you to install shortcuts to their social site. Really stupid business decision in my opinion. I believe the IOS version doesn't do this.

#3 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:19 AM

I can't believe that Cave allows that forced G-Gee social integration on these games. At least give the buyer the option to say yes or no. I'd never buy a game that forces you to install shortcuts to their social site. Really stupid business decision in my opinion. I believe the IOS version doesn't do this.

Yeah, totally agree with you. And yes, the iOS versions of these games are sold directly by Cave w/o all that G-Gee crap.

The only reason I can think of them going with G-Gee is that they were lazy to outright port their game natively to Android, and so decided to use the G-Gee Vivid Runtime (whatever that is) to run their game in. To me, buying an $8 game that runs in a runtime is just terrible (probably it's just like running them via an emulator), but to add insult to the injury they have that shitty social service shoved at us. Main reason I refunded Ikaruga as soon as I played a couple of minutes of it.

Favourite Android games: Anomaly Korea/Warzone Earth, Polara, Rayman Jungle Run, Shadowgun, Wind-up Knight, Auralux, Puddle, Super Hexagon, Devil's Attorney, Heroes Call

#4 gtman55

gtman55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

Cave is just being stupid (and lazy) here.  For one thing, using G-Gee kind of lessens many people's opinion of them as a company (well me at least... I thought they were a class act). Secondly, I would've bought every game they sell if they were the straight up ports of their games. With the spammy G-Gee bullshit included, I wouldn't install the games if they were free. Definitely a case of a company viewing Android as a waste of their time and effort. Their loss.

#5 awp69

awp69

Elite Member

• Members
  • 457 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

Definitely a case of a company viewing Android as a waste of their time and effort. Their loss.

It is pretty sad. I luckily have an iPhone in addition to my Nexus 7 so I buy the Cave versions. But with Google Play closing in on the App Store in terms of downloads, it's stupid to ignore it. Even if there is any merit to the more piracy theory on Android, there are clearly ways to address those concerns like measures taken by Square Enix.

#6 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:51 AM

It is pretty sad. I luckily have an iPhone in addition to my Nexus 7 so I buy the Cave versions. But with Google Play closing in on the App Store in terms of downloads, it's stupid to ignore it. Even if there is any merit to the more piracy theory on Android, there are clearly ways to address those concerns like measures taken by Square Enix.

Not really sure if them partnering with G-Gee has anything to do with piracy, but I can most certainly imagine that if Cave were to sell this by themselves in their own library, they'd make millions. Expensive, yes...but the quality and depth of gameplay is almost assured. Just like how Square Enix manages to move tons of copies of games at seemingly high prices for a mobile platform.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users