Welcome to the DroidGamers Forums and the Mecha Indie Android game store!

Welcome to the official DroidGamers forums as well as the Mecha Indie Android game store, or just Mecha for short. Whether you are a fan of the site or an Android game developer, everyone is welcome here. Developers can post about their new games, set up their own blog to stay in touch with fans, hold tournaments and giveaways, and even sell their games right here. Fans of the site can talk to their favorite developers, buy indie Android games, start up their own blogs, and be apart of the biggest and best Android gaming related website there is!

Photo

Starlink by Tasharen Entertainment

RTS Real-time strategy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

Starlink is a tactical real-time strategy game about galactic domination. You start by controlling a star in a procedurally generated galaxy, and each star you control produces ships. You can direct ships to other nearby stars that happen to be connected via hyperspace routes in order to capture them, but beware other hostile factions trying to do the same. Don't let your guard down, or you will quickly find your stars overrun with enemy ships.

If the AI proves to be too much of a challenge, invite a friend (or five) to play with you, and share control of the galaxy with them, or join opposing teams and compete against each other -- it's all up to you.

To make the flow of the game even less predictable, each player can choose from a large list of abilities to take with them into each match that can drastically change the way the game plays. Some abilities are defensive in nature, some offensive, and others are a mix of the two. There are even abilities that let you reshape the galaxy to your advantage, collapsing or creating new hyperspace routes between stars.

And if that's not enough, certain abilities can be used in a sequence for even more devastating effects.

Can your galactic empire prevail and rise up above others? There is only one way to find out...

Price: $1.99

Google Play: Full | Lite

Current device: Acer Iconia Tab A510 (Android 4.1)

Favourite Android games: Anomaly Korea/Warzone Earth, Polara, Rayman Jungle Run, Shadowgun, Wind-up Knight, Auralux, Puddle, Super Hexagon, Devil's Attorney, Heroes Call

#2 SuperCraigDroid

SuperCraigDroid

Elite Member

• Members
  • 309 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

Eufloria.......iiin spaaaaace!!!!!

logoheader.png

#3 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

Eufloria.......iiin spaaaaace!!!!!

Kind of seems like a mix of Eufloria and Auralux (with the multiple enemies, space setting and color theme) to me. Will try it out and post imps here once I get back home.

Favourite Android games: Anomaly Korea/Warzone Earth, Polara, Rayman Jungle Run, Shadowgun, Wind-up Knight, Auralux, Puddle, Super Hexagon, Devil's Attorney, Heroes Call

#4 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

Ok, so I tried this game earlier today, and it is a no-frills RTS game with minimalistic graphics. You conquer empty stars by sending in units, and attack other stars (and defend yours at the same time). The stars have different features too, such as a hydrogen cloud that confuses the enemy and allows you to defend it more easily. The stars are linked, so you simply swipe in the direction in which you wish to send your units from one star to another.

My only gripe is that the game is TOO SLOW! Like seriously. Even playing the first game on the smallest map, I couldn't finish it despite spending over 15 minutes. It is too slow and it kept on going back and forth between me and the enemy. If this has a speed mode like Auralux, I can see myself putting in more time, but as it is, I'll grow a beard while waiting for a game to finish!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RTS, Real-time strategy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users