Welcome to the DroidGamers Forums and the Mecha Indie Android game store!

Welcome to the official DroidGamers forums as well as the Mecha Indie Android game store, or just Mecha for short. Whether you are a fan of the site or an Android game developer, everyone is welcome here. Developers can post about their new games, set up their own blog to stay in touch with fans, hold tournaments and giveaways, and even sell their games right here. Fans of the site can talk to their favorite developers, buy indie Android games, start up their own blogs, and be apart of the biggest and best Android gaming related website there is!

Photo

Glob the game - cartoony platforming shooter!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 travisirby

travisirby

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

I've been working on Glob the game for the past few months and I'm hoping to have it finished pretty soon.

My focus has been on a fun mood, with very good touch controls and unique enemies and obstacles.

The game will be coming out for android and iOS phones and tablets..  Here's a recent video of me playing a tougher level on a Nexus 7

and here is a Trailer I made for the game a while back:

Thanks for looking! I'd love to hear what you think. I'm active on twitter also @travisirby and like to follow anyone interested in video games. Will post more and check out other stuff here on the site :)

#2 Webcrawler

Webcrawler

Elite Member

• Members
  • 324 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:35 AM

Hi travisirby! Glob The Game looks like a great platformer, I can't wait to play it! Are you able to give us a general idea of when you expect to launch?

#3 Himmat

Himmat

Awesome Sauce

• Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

User's Awards

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

Hi travisirby,

The game looks good! While squishy protagonists in platformers may be all the rage these days, the game nevertheless appears to hold its own ground. The shooting mechanic does bring something new to the table other than just jump and left/right.

So yeah, any ETAs and pricing details? If you need people to help you Beta test the game (at least compatibility wise), you can always do so as well.

PS: The dance is a nice touch!

Current device: Acer Iconia Tab A510 (Android 4.1)

Favourite Android games: Anomaly Korea/Warzone Earth, Polara, Rayman Jungle Run, Shadowgun, Wind-up Knight, Auralux, Puddle, Super Hexagon, Devil's Attorney, Heroes Call

#4 travisirby

travisirby

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

Thanks for checking it out and the comments :)

I'm not sure of an exact release date, but it will definitely be sometime this summer. I will let you guys know when I have a firmer date.

Pricing-wise, I'm thinking of releasing the game for free with the first few levels unlocked and 99 cents to unlock the complete game.

No annoying IAPs or anything!

I will be looking for beta testers soon and will post on here. Thanks again for checking it out.

#5 travisirby

travisirby

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

Wow thanks for the article about Glob the game DroidGamers! http://www.droidgame...d-glob-the-game

Here's a quick vine video of Glob pushing over a big boulder :)

https://vine.co/v/b0xlTt9a7Te

#6 travisirby

travisirby

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

Sorry about the long delay since posting! Development on the game has been progressing well. I will be submitting a preview build to Indiecade in the next few days and posting about beta testers soon after that. I recorded a video of the level select screen and the first Boss and uploading it to youtube. Check it out! Thanks for looking :)

#7 SGDjames

SGDjames

Flashy Moderator

• Moderators
  • 449 posts
  • LocationCanada

User's Awards

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

The game is looking great. I'm still really looking forward to checking this out.

Any idea on an approximate release date, or will that depend on how the beta testing goes?

Signature1-2.png

#8 travisirby

travisirby

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

Thanks a lot DroidFlash!

I'm really pushing to have the game available on iOS and android towards the end of July, early August. The beta hopefully will just be to catch any unexpected bugs and will be fairly short. Crosses fingers :)

I'm planning on some more features and content after its out too. Will post on here soon!

#9 MannagraphiX Studios

MannagraphiX Studios

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

Hi Travisirby,

I really like how your game is looking, I will surely keep my eyes out for it once it hits the market.  I would be glad to do some Beta testing as well, I own a Nexus 7 and an HTC Inspire 4g phone.

I am also an indie developer just getting started, I am currently working on my first project.  I started with a more "simple" gamestyle (arkanoid/brick breaker), but I plan to move onto something a little more advanced on the next project, maybe a physics based game or something.

Anyway, good luck on your project.  I hope all goes well!

Follow me on twitter: @MannagraphiX

www.mannagraphix.com

#10 travisirby

travisirby

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:43 AM

Thanks MannagraphiX! I'll definitely contact you about the beta testing. That's smart to start out with some more simple projects. You'll get up to speed quickly! Best of luck with your projects too :)

Been working on Glob's death animation. Here's a vine video: https://vine.co/v/habjWaWpZ0I

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users