One of the two main cross-platform social gaming platforms has received a pretty big update. After listening to developers and user feedback, Scoreloop has released version 2.0 of their SDK. Developers can now add even more features to their games and users have a lot more options available to play around with.
Main Update Features:
- News & Cross Promotions: Developers can now speak directly to their users to cross promote games, give updates and provide hints.
- Player Challenges & Virtual Currency: Users are able to compete worldwide with player challenges and in-game currencies.
- Social Network Integration: Friends can now connect and post to Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace.
- Social Market: Featured and new games will reach millions of Android gamers through Scoreloop’s Social Market.
In-game currencies is a big feature developers should seriously look at when deciding on how to monetize their game(s). The Freemium business model has proven extremely successful for iPhone games and we are now seeing some Freemium games making their way to Android with similar success.
Aside from the new features in this update to the SDK, Scoreloop as a whole have grown a lot as well boasting some pretty impressive numbers.
- Hundreds of games are live with Scoreloop on the Android Marketplace.
- Growing at over 100,000 new users per day.
- Top Android titles (Jewels, Toss It) have gone cross platform (iOS) with Scoreloop
If you are a developer with a unique new game and are worried about being successful, there are lots of tools available to help you along such as Scoreloop. The SDK and features can be implemented quickly into your game too, under a minute for the basic features and best of all it is free for developers to download and use. Just head over to Scoreloop’s website for more details and available downloads of the Scoreloop SDK.
Developer Website: Scoreloop