Haptify has released a virtual pinball game onto the Android Market and unlike other pinball games currently available, Enzo’s Pinball features full tactile feedback. This means players will literally feel all the action during playing the game as the ball hits bumpers, targets and travels up ramps or any other action you’d feel during playing one in real life.
Enzo’s Pinball features 3 tables in it’s current form: Clockwork, Steam-Powered and DJ. The steampunk aspect of two of the tables is definitely a refreshing touch and of course all the controls are touchscreen. You’ll be competing with other players around the world thanks to OpenFeint leaderboards having been integrated into Enzo’s Pinball.
- 3 Tables to choose from currently: Clockwork, Steam-powered and DJ
- Realistic pinball physics brought to life through high-quality haptic feedback, graphics and sound
- Immersive touch-screen controls and accelerometer support that lets players ‘tilt’ the table, just like in the arcades
- OpenFeint integration with global high score list and achievements
Aside from being graphically pleasing, Enzo’s Pinball features some seriously realistic gameplay which, if you are a purist, you’ll definitely be happy about. The accelerometer has been used so players can even ’tilt’ the game just like you could on the real tables at arcades. You’ll be able to pick up Enzo’s Pinball off the Android Market right now for $1.50 and more tables are planned to arrive in future updates.
Developer Website: Haptify
Market Link: Enzo’s Pinball
First Virtual Pinball Game with Full Tactile Feedback Now Available on Android Market
SAN JOSE, Calif – April 6, 2011
Haptify, a developer and publisher of haptic-powered mobile apps, today announced that its first title, Enzo’s Pinball, is now available on the Android Market for $1.49. The first virtual pinball title ever to include full-fledged tactile feedback, Enzo’s Pinball lets players literally feel the action on three unique tables as they flip their ball onto each ramp, bumper and target. Play the most realistic pinball game available for mobile devices and compete against players from around the world for the top score through the OpenFeint platform.
Enzo’s Pinball features include:
• Three unique pinball tables to master with more coming soon, each with a variety of missions to undertake:
Clockwork Table: avoid getting wound up by an intricate clockwork mechanism dating back to the 18th century and learn the secret of the clockwork pinball
Steam-Powered Table: stay cool under pressure and navigate a high-voltage playing field to unlock the true nature of the steampunk pinball
DJ Table: listen to the dark secrets of the record pinball
• Realistic pinball physics brought to life through high-quality haptic feedback, graphics and sound
• Immersive touch-screen controls and accelerometer support that lets players ‘tilt’ the table, just like in the arcades
• OpenFeint integration with global high score list and achievements
“Enzo’s Pinball is an ideal choice for our first title, because it really showcases the subtle-yet-significant power of haptics in gaming,” said Craig Vachon, Haptify Lead. “When you play pinball in real life, you use a combination of sight, sound and touch to interact with the machine. Cutting that down to two senses, as most pinball titles do by necessity, just doesn’t provide the same level of involvement. I am positive that players won’t look at other pinball titles the same way after they’ve experienced Enzo’s Pinball with haptics.”