One game we have been playing a fair amount of is a great water-based racing game called Riptide GP. This game is developed by a two-man group called Vector Unit who were responsible for bringing a great water racing game to the XBox Live called Hydro Thunder Hurricane. Now you can have console-quality water racing on your Tegra 2 device.
Riptide GP features some incredible graphics and physics where even the water reacts differently each time you race on the same track. Graphically speaking, this is pretty damn near console-quality graphics. Aside from tapping the thrust meter or the bottom left/right corners (should you set your controls off auto-acceleration), steering is done via tilting your device.
- Explore 12 futuristic water raceways
- Unlock and master 6 screaming fast jet skis
- 3 game modes: Race, Hot Lap, and Championship
- Grab massive air and perform dramatic stunts to earn boost
- Alter your environment mid-race with interactive triggers
- Earn Achievements, post to Leaderboards, and race against your Friends’ best split times with integrated OpenFeint™ support
- Designed specifically for phones and tablets using NVIDIA’s Tegra2, the world’s first mobile superchip.
- Easy and fun to pick up and play – delightfully challenging to master
Not only is this a racing game, but you can bust out some sweet tricks as well. In fact, you kind of have to. In order to build up your boost meter, when you hit some air you will need to do any of the built-in tricks. You have to do a certain combinations of tapping on the screen’s left and right side to activate a trick. Racing fans with Tegra 2 Android devices will definitely want to pick this game up. It will set you back $6.99 through the Android Market or Tegra Zone.
Thanks to Rhys for the heads up!
Developer Website: Vector Unit
Android Market Link: Riptide GP