Glu Mobile has finally released the mobile version of DJ Hero onto the Android platform. The gameplay is fairly similar to the actual Wii version, with some slight adjustments for mobile devices and you do get 13 full length tracks right off the jump when you buy the game.
If you’ve played the Wii version or happen to play Guitar Hero then you will already be familiar with how to play the game. For those who haven’t, you have to tap on the screen as the notes land on the matching colored buttons. In DJ Hero though, you also have to scratch and fade as well which requires sliding the outside notes back and forth when the appropriate section to do so comes up.
- 13 full-length, original mixes of tracks by artists including: The Jackson 5 and Third Eye Blind, Marvin Gaye and David Bowie, and Weezer and Dilated Peoples.
- 8 unlockable mixes (5 available to play from the start, 8 more to be unlocked)
- 22 achievements including “Scratchaphobia” and “Full Set” (completing all the game’s mixes at any difficulty setting)
- Choose a DJ with unique and expressive animations and perform in 3 different venues
- Controls faithfully re-create the console experience to include streams, scratches, cross-fades and EUPHORIA.
There is a bit of a problem Glu is facing though with the release of DJ Hero now instead of a lot sooner. This is the fact that Skillz: The DJ Game is not too far off from release onto the Android platform which looks like a more realistic DJ game and sports some great eye candy to go along with the gameplay and great music. This won’t matter though to hardcore DJ Hero fans, people who don’t want to wait for Skillz to be released, or don’t have a compatible device to play Skillz on when it’s released.
If you want to give it a whirl, you can pick DJ Hero Mobile up off the Android Market for $4.99 right now.
Thanks to Roger Lyons for the tip!
Developer Website: Glu
Android Market Link: DJ Hero Mobile