The long awaited hardcore train simulator game, Trainz for N3V Games, is now available for Tegra 2 Android devices. With it’s shiny THD label, Trainz is the most realistic and free form train simulation game available. It also comes with a slew of features and detailed train models.
We first caught a glimps of Trainz during GDC 2011 and were very impressed with how it looked and ran. Originally a PC game, it was first ported to iOS and now it has finally come to Android Tegra 2 devices. The graphics are much more realistic and detailed on Android than the iOS version as well. This isn’t for the weak of heart either but you don’t have to be an expert train enthusiast to play this. You can pick it up and learn pretty quickly how to do everything.
- Touch input makes driving Trains, laying tracks, creating layouts and completing scheduled tasks a breeze.
- More Accessible! Take Trainz with you anytime, anywhere.
- Drive Loads of Trains.
- Operate a complete working rail line.
- Build and customize your own living railroad using our advanced route creation tool called “Surveyor”.
- Trainz Simulator THD offers advanced visual effects such as improved lighting, weather effects, fog, higher detail Trains, beautiful water, increased performance and 1 new routes with all new sessions.
- Developed by the company that has been making the very best Train Simulation games for over 10 years!
One great feature is the map editor that comes with the game where you can build up your terrain how you want it before laying down some tracks and building your next train layout. All the trains have been modeled in high detail after the actual working trains that have existed. You can also control your train’s speed and track selection while flipping through various points-of-view such as sitting in the engine steering room or over head. You can pick up Trainz off the Android Market or Tegra Zone for $5.38
Developer Website: N3V Games
Android Market Link: Trainz Simulator