BBC Worldwide has gotten into the Android gaming scene today with the release of Doctor Who: The Mazes of Time. The telephone traveler has landed on your Android device in the form of a 3D top-down platformer for you to enjoy all the Doctor Who goodness that you can handle.
In Doctor Who: The Mazes of Time you will be running around time trying to save a family who has been hurled into the depths of history through an attack by a rogue Dalek. You will be going through each stage solving puzzles and defeating some of Doctor Who’s most famous enemies as you journey to save this family.
- Travel through time and space to seven unique locations and over 100 levels
- Increasingly complex environmental challenges to challenge your mind and reflexes
- Play as both the Doctor and his companion, Amy Pond, utilising their unique skills and abilities to solve challenges
- Features Daleks, Cybermen and Silurians – each with unique behaviour that requires different strategies of stealth and subterfuge to complete levels
- Authentic music from the show
- Wide variety of OpenFeint achievements
Doctor Who fans will enjoy this game more than the average person but don’t let the theme fool you, it’s seems like a pretty entertaining game so far regardless if you are a fan or not. Doctor Who: The Mazes of Time comes in two version: a free worldwide version which comes with additional downloadable content and a UK version which will cost you a little and also comes with additional downloadable content as well. The free version is the full game though.
Side Note: The addition content is not free and is non-refundable. There are some issues with the additional content not working on some devices while others seem to be having force close issues. Hopefully the BBC will update this with a fix for those devices.
Developer Website: BBC Worldwide
Website Referenced: PocketGamer
Android Market Link: Doctor Who: The Mazes of Time