The other day a new 3D MMORPG landed on the Android Market called Buddy Rush. Developer by Team Sollmo which is essentially the mobile division of Company100 Inc, Buddy Rush features true cross-platform compatibility across Android, iOS and Facebook under a single account.
While this certainly isn’t the first MMORPG for Android that features true cross-platform compatibility with iOS (Pocket Legends, Star Legends, World of Midgard etc etc) it could very well be the first with true cross-platform compatibility with Facebook though which the developers are saying it is. All your characters, items and progress throughout the game is saved under one account across all three platforms.
- A cute isometric 3D world to grab loot and level up in!
- 15 customizable characters: Choose a class and customize outfits, armor and weapons to help improve your character’s talents and increase the chance that your friends will select your Buddy for their next Mission!
- Play with your friends’ Buddy character: Form groups for Missions and Dungeons by selecting from Facebook friends’ existing Buddies. Reward their Buddy with experience for bringing them along and they’ll return the favor by inviting your Buddy for their own adventures!
- 10 different Chapters and 92 Missions: Each Chapter presents a new environment and soundtrack, with fresh objectives, monsters and bosses to overcome.
- Over 2000 items: Earn items that make your Buddy stronger by completing challenging Missions, Dungeons and Challenges, or by purchasing in the store.
At it’s core Buddy Rush is a dungeon crawling MMORPG but there is plenty of other stuff to do when not in the mood to dungeon crawl. The graphics are of the more ‘cute’ variety instead of the more realistic style graphics found in other MMORPG titles such as World of Midgard. The interesting thing about this particular game is that your friends don’t have to be online to play with them. You can group up with your friend’s character even when they are offline as they will be computer controlled instead.
This is a Freemium games so you will be able to download and play the game for free but if you want to get a head start or get a hold of items and higher level content faster, you can do so by purchasing them through in-game payments. You can check the game out in action with the official trailer below.
Developer Website: Buddy Rush (Facebook)
Android Market Link: Buddy Rush