Madfinger Games has just released their highly awaited 3D action game Shadowgun onto Android for Tegra 2 devices. You may have seen our hands-on with it at E3 or read our pre-release review of Shadowgun, either way though, the wait is over and now you can get it!
Shadowgun is Madfinger Games’ newest addition to their game line-up which has a solid following already thanks to their previous Android game, Samurai II: Vengeance. In case you missed the back story behind Shadowgun, you will be playing as John Slade who is hired to infiltrate a mountain fortress that is owned by Dr. Simon. As with any mountain fortress, it is heavily stocked with angry mutants, killer machines and a plethora of other nasty things which are bent on making sure you fail at your job and end up dead.
- Immersive visual presentation, never seen before on mobile devices
- Advanced lighting effects, beautifully rendered environments, thanks to Tegra 2, and pro voices make this one of the most advanced games for Android
- Single-player story-driven campaign with playtime lasting around 6 hours
- 10 highly detailed and beautifully rendered levels
- Immersive storyline with multiple outcomes! You decide how it ends!
- Unlock the detailed “Shadowpedia”, and read more about the SHADOWGUN universe!
- Featuring the most advanced combat A.I. to date. Enemies flank, seek cover, and utilize teamwork to take you down! Battle automated sentries, aerial drones, and other lethal foes
- Solve hacking mini-games to whet your nerdy appetite, then get back to blasting enemies and more!
- Survive the onslaught of Dr. Simon’s deadly creations, including end-level bosses, mutated grunts, killer machines, and more!
While the initial release of Shadowgun contains all the single-player glory you can handle, Madfinger Games is planning on making an update that will include a multiplayer game mode with similar map gameplay like Death Match, Team Death Match and more that are found on most console/PC multiplayer games. This will, in turn, give Shadowgun a lot of replay value in the near future.
For those of you who do not own an Android device that comes stuffed with a Tegra 2 chipset, have no fear as Madfinger Games plans to release a version for all Android devices capable of running a high-end game such as this within days of this release. For those of you planning on getting a Tegra 3 quad-core device in the near future, have no fear either, there will be a version for those devices too which will probably be enhanced even further in the eye candy department.
You can pick up Shadowgun off the Android Market and through Tegra Zone, where all the Tegra 2 games are available for browsing through, for $4.99. You can check out the official trailer for Shadowgun below which is pretty bad ass itself.
Developer Website: Madfinger Games
Android Market Link: Shadowgun