In what will eventually be a series of three games released, developers RomBots Team have released the first episode of their top-down scrolling shooter ’em up game series called Alien Rescue. This game is set in 1947 and comes complete with angry humans and big headed aliens you have to rescue.
You will be playing as Krut who is an experienced alien pilot who now has the wonderful mission of saving his big headed alien friends who have somehow managed to get themselves stuck on Earth. Unfortunately for you, us humans are a bitter race and don’t like change or new things therefor we are trying to stop you by shooting down your flying saucer.
- Runs on devices starting with Android 2.1
- Beautiful 2D art and graphics
- Funny and enjoyable sound effects and soundtracks
- Several control methods available: two using touchscreen and one using hardware keyboard / D-Pad
- 10 weapons: Blaster, Triple Blaster, Laser Beam, Dumb Missiles, Scattergun, Cows, Crates & Explosive Cows.
- 6 power-ups: Splash Missile, weapon steal, Tractor Beam, Personal Shield, EMP Wave & Health Regenerator
- Ability to abduct entities and even combine them, creating additional weapons
- 2 engaging game modes: Story Mode and Free Mode
- 6 challenging Story Mode levels with 3 difficulty settings
- Free Mode lets you play as long as you want and will throw against you countless waves of angry Earthlings
- Try to unlock 22 unique Achievements and gain higher scores per level
- OpenFeint support in the game ensures competition with other players worldwide. Achieve Free Mode high scores and try to be the best Alien pilot there out there
Fans of top-down shooter games will probably enjoy this as it’s a more light-hearted take on the genre which usually features futuristic spaceships or other military style vehicles. In Alien Rescue, everything is more geared around 1947 and what they would look like. Plus there are big headed aliens you get to rescue using a tractor beam so you can really nerd out. Alien Rescue is available free on the Android Market. You can check the game out in action in the video below.
Developer Website: RomBots Team
Android Market Link: Alien Rescue – Episode 1