Not too long ago we talked about another retro-style RPG that would be landing on Android called Grinsia from developers Kemco Games. This game studios specializes in retro-style RPG titles that generally feature a lot of detail including little things like characters showing reactions to events in-game.
In fact that is one of the features of their new game they released a few days ago called Grinsia. Another feature that first appeared in Gamevil’s Zenonia series that also comes in Grinsia is a day/night cycle and depending on whether it’s daytime or nighttime, the reactions of NPCs and monsters will vary.
– A wide range of allies, and many ways to enjoy the adventure
– Character Reactions. Each character reacts differently to each event, so by changing the members of your party, you can play the game again and again, enjoying the different reactions of the members.
– Day / Night Cycle. As time passes, the game changes between day and night. The appearance of towns and open land, and the way the game progresses, differ between day and night.
– Customizable controls with options for touch control, and a virtual cursor pad control.
– Treasure Accessory System where the treasure you gain has special powers, and can be used during battle. When you use a piece of treasure as an accessory, you become able to use ‘EX Skills’.
– OpenFeint support with achievements to earn while you play
– Great retro-style graphics.
Of course Grinsia comes with all the other goodies you would find in an RPG game including plenty of armor and weapons to use, skills to strengthen and learn, lots of quests and of course, a storyline. If you played any of the older RPG titles on console systems like the Final Fantasy series, you will already be familiar with how the combat works and the alliance system where you can get allies along the way which you can switch in and out of your party.
If you are up for some retro RPG gaming then you might want to check out this new titles from Kemco Games. Grinsia is available for download off the Android Market for $3.99. You can check out the game in action in the preview trailer below.
Developer Website: Kemco Games
Android Market Link: Grinsia