You can never have enough emulators to get that old school gaming fix we all seem to love. That is why it is always good to see developers working on new ones for us to play with and today we get to see the release of another NeoGeo emulator called NEO.emu.
As with all emulators you should always own the actual game so you can use the game’s ROM legally and of course, like all emulators, this one does not include any ROMs. With that said, this emulator seems to be pretty solid when it comes to running NeoGeo games. This particular app emulates the classic MVS/AES system and is based on Gngeo 0.8-svn and it requires user-supplied romsets from MAME 0.144 or similar for it to work correctly.
* Memory card and save state support, auto-save and ten manual slots for save states.
* Universe Bios or MVS support (Unibios recommended)
* Direct editing of Unibios region and mode settings without having to enter its boot menu
* Configurable on-screen multi-touch controls in addition to keyboard controls (needs Android 2.1+ for multi-touch, up to 3 touches supported at once), and an Xperia Play optimized button layout
* Multiplayer-capable Wiimote + Classic Controller, iControlPad, and Zeemote JS1 support (no need to purchase a separate app, see website for full instructions)
Another bonus is that this emulator is optimized for a variety of devices from phones to tablets and even the Xperia Play. It also supports plenty of controllers as well which you do not need any separate apps installed in order to use them which is a nice touch.
For those of you interested in picking up and trying out this new emulator, you can do so by hitting up the market link below and snagging yourself a copy of it for $3.99. You can also see a list of known working games for this emulators by going to the developer’s website as well.
Developer Website: Robert Broglia
Android Market Link: NEO.emu