Originally released back in 1991, Another World (a.k.a Out of this World) was a rather unique game at the time which ended up creating quite the cult following for the title. Recently DotEmu brought Another World over to Android to celebrate its 20th Anniversary but if you haven’t picked it up yet, now is a good time.
Another World comes with some pretty unique gameplay mechanics, especially during the time it was originally released. For one, there is no dialog. Everything is conveyed to you through facial expressions, hand gestures and things of that nature. Secondly, if either you or your alien side-kick take any damage, the game is over.
Another World Features:
• Switch from the original graphics to HD graphics by sliding two fingers on the screen at any time in the game
• New Touch controls specially redesigned or classic D-pad (directional arrows and original action buttons)
• 3 difficulty modes: Normal (easier than the original), Hard (similar to the original) and Hardcore (harder than the original)
• Sound and sound effects are 100% remastered
• OpenFeint with over 10 Achievements
• Compatible with Bluetooth-connected Zeemote joysticks
• 5 languages available (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
• Xperia PLAY optimized.
Like a lot of the games that came out back in the day, Another World can be a very challenging title to try and finish. That’s not to say that games nowadays are not difficult to finish but the games back then we used to played seemed a lot more challenging and took serious work at times to complete.
For a limited time only, Another World has had its price reduced to 50% off, leaving it with a price tag of $2.49. If you have been meaning to pick up Another World for your Android device, now might be a good time to nab it. It is available from the Google Play store or from our Google Play synced catalog.
Google Play Link: Another World