Occasionally it is nice to check out random genres of games such as music-based titles. When doing so, you end up finding some great games sometimes and Cytus by Rayark Inc is definitely one of those. If you have played Dance Dance Revolution or even Flash Flash Revolution, then you already know what you’re getting yourself into.
Essentially, for those of you who haven’t taken a guess at what this game is about, Cytus is a music-based video in the style of Dance Dance Revolution except this is for your fingers and not your feet. Dots will appear on the screen in time with the music which you have to tap on in time to the music as well. The closer in time you are, the better the score.
– 18+ songs and 36+ variations, including many from famous composers around the world
– Beautiful hand-drawn art style (as illustrated in the screenshots)
– Easy, intuitive Active Scan Line system and 3 types of notes
– Different display modes allow player-friendly previewing of notes
– Strong beat and rhythms provide satisfying feedback for taps
– More than 9 difficulty levels for more fun and challenges
– Various music genres: POP, JAZZ, TRANCE, HARDCORE, DRUM ‘N BASS and many more
– OpenFeint Leaderboards integration : Challenge fingers from all over the world!
– Connect to Facebook and show off your Cytus skills
You will know when the best time to hit the notes happens as a line will pass through them. When it does, that’s when you want to tap on it. What else is interesting about this game is that there is actually a back story to it. It isn’t just trying to be the best band or dancer.
If you like music-based games then this is one to definitely check out. You can download Cytus off of the Google Play store for free. Also check out the gameplay trailer for Cytus below if you want to see a better idea of how the game plays.
Developer Website: Rayark Inc
Google Play Link: Cytus