A series of pinball tables under the label Pro Pinball were released back in the 1990’s and were among one of the favorites when it comes to playing pinball games. Well Pro Pinball is looking to make a come back and the developers, Silverball Studios, have jumped onto Kickstarter to help fund the entire project. If successful, Pro Pinball will get released onto Android, OUYA and Kindle Fire HD tablets.
Silverball Studios has brought on Pat Lawlor who, for those of you who don’t know him, designed the best selling pinball table of all time, The Adams Family and the highest rated table as well, that being The Twilight Zone. Pat will be designing a whole new table for Pro Pinball which, as the developers are describing it, will be the ultimate pinball table. However, it will be designed just as though it at one point was, or could be, an actual pinball table in an arcade.
Pro Pinball Features:
– The ultimate pinball physics engine made even better!
– Beautiful photo realistic graphics at insane resolutions
– Hundreds of top quality dot-matrix display animations
– Operator’s Menu lets you customize and experiment with the tables
– A brand new official Pro Pinball forum, with a special VIP section for some backers featuring developer diaries and more (forum to launch when the Kickstarter campaign ends)
– Unified world-wide high score leaderboards (backers can get special Kickstarter exclusive insignias next to their leaderboard entries and Pro Pinball forum posts for all to see)
– Tables designed specifically for extended home play
– Head 2 Head mode with ladder (only Big Race USA and possibly the new table)
– Glass-Off mode (exclusive to Kickstarter and only for some tiers) – lets you take the virtual glass of the table and push the balls around the table with your finger or mouse!
– Each table has more content packed in than many regular tables put together – Multi-balls, Wizard Modes, Video Modes, Spinners, Jet Bumpers, Magnets, Drop Targets and just about everything else you can imagine!
Also on board is John Youssi who did a lot of the artwork that you see on pinball tables, specifically on the back glass where the title, images and score usually are. The goal is to take Pro Pinball and completely revamp it with HD visuals, new and improved gameplay, new design and release it onto a ton of platforms. In the end it sounds like this will be another Pinball platform similar to Zen Pinball and Pinball Arcade.
As of right now their Kickstarter campaign is sitting at just over $115K with 7 days to go in order to reach their $400K goal. If you were a fan of Pro Pinball before, you might want to jump over there, drop a couple of bucks and help get it funded. You can check out the pitch video above as well as a tech demo showing showing off the lighting engine in the video below.
Website Referenced: Pro Pinball Kickstarter