About a week and a half ago we talked about the next Minecraft: Pocket Edition update that would be heading our way soon. It was going to be coming with a pretty unique feature called the Nether Reactor which is basically an end-game, due to the materials need to build it, type of item you can construct. Well, for those of us who have waited patiently, the 0.5.0 update for Minecraft: Pocket Edition is now live for downloading.
To explain what the Nether Reactor is, you have to realize that it does nothing about taking you to the Nether. Instead, is basically brings the Nether to you by spawning Zombie Pigmen which you can then kill in order to get some Nether items like glowstone dust, paintings and other items. Mushrooms have been tweaked to better allow players to ability to create mushroom farms.
Minecraft: Pocket Edition 0.5.0 Update:
– Mushroom farming
– Nether Reactor, strangely connected to the nether…
– Zombie pigmen
– Restore hearts when sleeping in bed
– Food now restores more health
– Tweaked the fog to make the game less foggy
– It is now easier to get out a bed
Lots and lots of bug fixes, including:
– Animals never respawned on certain maps
– Accidentally hitting other players and animals when not aiming for them
– Crash when loading some maps, or when pressing “Start Game”
– Not being able to leave bed
– Lava could burn objects from a distance
For those curious, to build a Nether Reactor you need 3 diamonds and 6 iron ingots. That builds the reactor core which, after build it, you need to build a frame around it. This is done with four gold blocks and some cobblestone, which you’ll see in the video above of an early preview of the Nether Reactor.
Lastly, a few tweaks and improvements have arrived as well as Melons are now available in the game for more options of food. If you haven’t done so already, go grab the update now, build a Nether Reactor and enjoy.
Google Play Link: Minecraft: Pocket Edition