It is no secret that some of us here at DroidGamers love the rather unique indie games that land on Google Play from time to time. Games like LAD, Treemaker and Last Fish are all prime examples of cool indie games with very unique art styles that always seems to catch our interest. A new physics-based puzzle game called Freeze! is no exception to this rule either.
Developed by Frozen Gun Games, Freeze! is an interesting physics-based puzzle game where you play as the little anonymous hero who was snatched away from his friends and family and sent to a world full of prisons. Stuffed into a cell in each level, your goal is to escape each cell. This is done by rotating the playing field around your hero, who happens to be an eye ball, in order to move him to the exit. You will also have to use the Freeze button strategically at times in order to over come some of the hazards that are in your way.
* the first world offers 25 unique and thrilling levels
* there are 10 free bonus levels for evaluation (honest opinions welcome)
* additional worlds can be bought later as an in-app purchase at a very low price.
* use intuitive touch screen control to turn our hero’s cell
* take on lasers, deadly traps, and cruel opponents
* unique style of illustration and collage just looks really good
* wonderful gloomy soundtrack from trance master Karl Lukas
* supports Facebook and Twitter
The art style is very unique, featuring a black/gray/white color scheme and some twisted environment and character art that was drawn by internationally renowned pop-up designer and illustrator Jonas Schenk. The game’s music is also perfect for the mood and atmosphere of the game, coming with a very sinister soundtrack from noted Swiss electronic/trance musician Karl Lukas.
For those of you who have a deep love for unique indie games, you might want to check out Freeze!. Currently you can download the game off of Google Play for free for a limited time which will net you the entire first world. You can also check out the game in action in the trailer above.
Google Play Link: Freeze!