Delver’s Drop is a physics-based Action-RPG that is currently up on Kickstarter looking for funding. Developed by Pixelscopic, this interesting little game has just had OUYA and Android support announced for it for when the game is finished and launched out into the general public for consumption.
Delver’s Drop has players trying to find their way out of ever-shifting dungeons. You aren’t the good guys in this game though, well maybe in your eyes you are but not to everyone else. The reason you’re even in these dungeons is because you got locked up. Being locked up for whatever wrong doings you’ve done in a rather big tower, the only way out is down through many floors of traps, monsters, hazards, puzzle and so on.
Delver’s Drop Features:
– Immense & Unpredictable Dungeon Dive: 8 zones of castle dungeons with 4 sub-levels to explore. Levels will be combined from masterfully designed hand-crafted rooms and components, with randomized content and floor layouts.
– Physics-based Hack & Slash Combat: Since all characters and enemies move and collide on a physics-based system, any interplay of attacks, traps, and magic resolve based on responsive, snazzy, and sometimes chaotic physics effects.
– Multiple Characters & Play Styles: Play the game with one or all of the 5 character classes (some to be decided by backers!). Classes have unique speed and movement properties, weapon, special ability, and perk tree, giving each a different play style.
– Character Growth & Customization: Gain experience as you play each class, and keep this progress through the class’s perk tree even if your current character dies. Level up if you want more flexibility, but Delver’s Drop is totally grind-free.
– Weapons & Sub-Items: The player can find and purchase interesting and upgraded weapons for each class, as well as a large suite of expendable sub-items that are randomly spawn during each session. But items slots are limited, requiring intelligent use!
– Puzzles & Secrets: Like many action adventure games, Delver’s Drop will feature interesting puzzles, requiring clever manipulation of dungeon elements, using physics to advantage, and resourceful usage of secondary items.
This game features randomized levels, puzzle and narrative paths players can take making this game completely different each time you play through it. You character’s growth is also customizable as well and considering each time you play the game it will be different, you’ll need to adapt your character’s builds to suit your needs each time as well. The game features a top-down perspective similar to what you would find in the older RPG titles from back in the NES and SNES days.
Right now Delver’s Drop is more than half way funded, sitting at $42,539 of their $75,000 goal with 15 days left to go. There is also plenty of stretch goals that could still be met as well but the Android and OUYA versions are confirmed either way and will be released sometime around February 2014. If you’re up for tossing a few bucks their way to help out, hit up the link below.
Website Referenced: Delver’s Drop