We’ve talked about this game a couple of times in the past with Mediocre Games teasing everyone with the occasional screenshot here and there. Well it looks like we now have an official release date for the upcoming Sprinkle sequel called Sprinkle Islands. This new game will bring more physics-based puzzle action along with it but with some new game mechanics as well.
Just like the original Sprinkle game, Sprinkle Islands will have you playing as Ouie and his firetruck as he tries to put out the fires that are going on before they burn down his fellow villagers’ huts. However, the levels are bigger which means you’ll need to drive your firetruck a lot more. The puzzles are also more complex and there is even boss fights now. You’ll have to do all of this while making sure you don’t run out of water.
Sprinkle Islands Features:
– Four distinct island environments with a total of 48 levels for hours of challenging entertainment.
– A fire truck on the move for longer, more dynamic puzzles and complex obstructions.
– Dramatic aquatic boss battles at the end of each island are a Sprinkle first!
– The return of amazing water physics! The original Sprinkle set a new standard for water in mobile games. Sprinkle Islands improves on that with endless oceans, pools and floating objects.
– Refined, simplified touch mechanics to give players better control of the water cannon’s stream.
If you’re a fan of the original game, you only have a couple of weeks to wait for Sprinkle Islands release. When it does hit Google Play on July 11th, 2013 it will cost $1.99 for you to download. Until then though you can check out the official trailer above.
Developer Website: Mediocre Games