Nvidia’s next OTA update for their Nvidia Shield portable gaming system will feature a host of new enhancements and improvements to existing features such as their GameStream technology and the Gamepad Mapper. All of this will be arriving next month for Nvidia Shield owners.
This update will bring improvements to Nvidia’s GameStream Technology, which allows for streaming of PC games to the Nvidia Shield whether it be locally or via the cloud. Improvements include Notebook support and remote GameStream BETA, which is the cloud streaming portion of GameStream.
– Remote GameStream (BETA) – stream your PC games to SHIELD from outside your home
o Wake on LAN support: remotely wake up your PC from sleep mode
o Remote Login support: login to a locked PC remotely from SHIELD
NOTE: Robust Wi-Fi connection required. Minimum upload/download internet speeds of 5 Mbps.
– Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse support – play your favorite keyboard and mouse PC games on the big screen in Console Mode
– Notebook support (BETA) – stream your PC games to SHIELD, using a compatible GeForce GTX-based notebook PC
o Kepler and Maxwell based GPUs supported – all GeForce GTX 800M, GTX 700M, and most GTX 600M GPUs
– Additional features
o Manually add unofficially supported games to your GameStream list from GeForce Experience.
o Pin-based PC to SHIELD pairing with ability to pair multiple PCs to your SHIELD
o USB Y-cable support – charge your SHIELD when using Ethernet in Console Mode with a micro USB Host OTG Y Cable
o Advanced Settings – manually set bitrate, FPS, and optimal settings preferences
– In TegraZone, go to Settings GameStream PCs Menu Advanced
– New user interface to better organize and discover games
– Over 140 games now in TegraZone
– Integrated news feed for the latest SHIELD and TegraZone articles
Gamepad Mapper Enhancements
– New, polished up user interface with easier access to download and share Mapper profiles
– Ability to access Mapper by long holding either NVIDIA button (Power Menu) or Start
– Upgrade to the latest KitKat OS
There will also be update to Gamepad Mapper which is what allows you to map button for your game play. Gamepad Mapper will come with a revamped UI for better ease of use. Tegra Zone will also be updated for Shield owners along with Android 4.4.2 KitKat arriving to the Shield finally. The Tegra Zone update will add the ability to see PC games which you can stream to your Shield, whether locally or via the cloud.
This OTA update will begin arriving on April 2nd, 2014.