Nitrome has been in the news a lot lately with the release of a few games onto Android already and the developer doesn’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon with the announcement of Gunbrick coming to mobile devices next. Gunbrick is an arcade platformer which also features Nitrome’s rather good pixel art.
Update: January 8th, 2015 12:37pm PST: Gunbrick is now available on Google Play. You can pick up a copy through the link at the bottom of this article for $2.99. We’ve also added a full features list as well.
Currently Nitrome is known for their Endless Doves game which we recently featured in our Weekend Play series as well as Icebreaker: A Viking Voyage which was published on Rovio’s third-party publishing label Rovio Stars. Gunbrick is their next title which features plenty of action, puzzle solving and platforming. In this game players will control a giant block that has a gun on one end and a shield on another.
• A Jam packed world set over three unique locations full of platform puzzling action.
• Epic Boss fights, including a thrilling chainsaw death match.
• Music by Eirik Suhrke (Creator of Ridiculous Fishing & Super Crate box)
• Casual swipe and tap controls, designed specifically for mobile devices (There are no ugly virtual buttons here)
• Unlockable Achievements
• Don’t worry parents there are zero In App purchases in this game.
Over on the official Nitrome website, the developed mention that this game will have ‘cunning puzzles’, great music and ‘humorous cut-scenes’ and the fact that in the world of Gunbrick, cars are obsolete which means this giant block you are controlling is some type of vehicle.
There isn’t much more in terms of details about Gunbrick including a lack of release date announced. We do have a teaser trailer though to check out while we wait for more details to be released.
Developer Website: Nitrome