The roleplaying gamebook Bloodbones has been given a digital upgrade in an Android version of the game. The game takes place on a seafaring journey to avenge the murder of your parents at the hands of a pirate named Cinnabar.
This digital version of Bloodbones, created by Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone, contains full-color artwork, but players have the option to switch over to the black and white print of the original. Physics based dice-rolling along with ability to read the book horizontally or vertically help recreate the original Bloodbones experience. Not everything is the same though, as extra features have been added including music composed for the game and sound effects, something not possible with a regular book.
- Make the gamebook as easy or hard as you like and even turn on a special cheat mode to read it old-school!
- Choose between full colour images, or toggle between the black-and-white originals from the print edition!
- Use unique weapons like the Throwing Knives and Gas-Globes for added strategy in fights.
- Race against the clock to complete your quest!
- Plot your journey along the map as you travel to new locations.
Although $5.99 may sound like a steep price in the world of mobile gaming, but this is a full roleplaying experience that requires no in-app purchases, nor offers them. It also helps that Tin Man Games titles are always worth buying.