Announced last August, Games Workshop’s latest Warhammer 40k game to be released on Android, courtesy of Complex Games, has finally arrived. Officially titled The Horus Heresy: Drop Assault, this is an RTS-style game set in the Warhammer 40k universe.
For those who missed our previous coverage, Horus Heresy is set in the 30th Millennium where a civil war has broken out among the ranks of the space marines. Players can side with the Emperor and the Loyalists or the Horus and the Traitors, and four factions comprised of Emperor’s Children, Death Guard, World Eaters, or Sons of Horus. Players assume the roll of a captain, and will raise armies and customize their bases.
The Hours Heresy: Drop Assault Features:
– Choose your side: will you side with the Emperor as a Loyalist, or Horus as a Traitor?
– Command any of four popular Horus Heresy Legions: Emperor’s Children, Death Guard, World Eaters, or Sons of Horus, each with a unique bonus
– Challenge rivals around the world in Live Skirmish for awesome rewards
– Customize your base and defense amongst the visually stunning ruins of The Horus Heresy setting in the Warhammer 40,000 universe
– Fast-paced tactical combat and dynamic bonus missions ensure each epic battle is unique
– Unlock immensely powerful troops from The Horus Heresy Era and obliterate your foes with a variety of earth-shattering attacks
The game is available now for free with IAPs. You can also create a Chapter with your friends and challenge your rivals around the world in territorial warfare to dominate and survive, a.k.a beating your friends and proving you’re the best.
One thing to note: It seems a fair amount of people are finding the game a bit on the buggy side. So expect an update from the developers to arrive in short order to clear those bugs up… hopefully.