MGP Studios has released a new endless runner called Roll’d which comes with a bit of an unusual twist to it. While most endless runners have you controlling the character who happens to be running, in this game you don’t control the character at all. Instead players control the track the character is running on.
In this game players are responsible for keeping their character running straight for as long as possible. Instead of having to move the character lane from lane and around corners, you will have to adjust the track in order to maintain a level straight running area for your character.
– A unique twist on a classic genre
– 3 selectable control schemes: touch, slide or tilt
– Varying and beautiful graphical settings and animations
– Engaging Original Soundtrack
– Varying weather, atmospheric effects and day cycle
– Rich post effects going hand in hand with the visuals and audio
Roll’d comes with a variety of different characters that you won’t be controlling as well as different weather and some rather cool lighting effects and a day/night cycle. There also happens to be three different types of controls you can use depending on how you want to control the track: Touch, Slide, or Tilt.
For those of you interested in checking this game out, Roll’d is available off of Google Play for free and like most endless runners, there are optional IAPs as well. You can check out the game in action in the video below.