Recently we reported on a game currently up on Kickstarted looking for funding called Legends of Fire & Steel. Well the developers behind that game actually have another title that is heading our way later this week called Super Awesome Quest. At first glance you may think that this is a puzzle-RPG type of game but it actually isn’t.
Update: July 9th, 2015 – 9:08 AM, PST: In an interesting turn of events, it looks like Super Awesome Quest won’t be delayed until next week. The game is now available to download in the Google Play Store. I am not exactly sure what happened, but if you are interested in playing this game, the link is at the end of this article. The game is free to play, and does include in-app purchases, should you choose to take advantage of them.
Update: July 8th, 2015 1:56pm PST: Just a quick update regarding this week’s release of Super Awesome Quest. It will actually be released next week on the 16th of July. There’s been a slight delay with the release for this week, so expect it to arrive next week instead.
Super Awesome Quest is an RPG that features a tile-flipping combat system, which is why initially you might think this is a puzzle-RPG with a match-3 combat system. When in combat, players will flip tiles and depending on what is represented on that particular tile, that will be the action you take during combat. So you don’t need to match three or more of the same type of tile, but if you do you will launch a chain attack that is a lot strong. There is also a crafting system in place in Super Awesome Quest, so you can make your own gear as well.
Super Awesome Quest Features:
– Choose your starting hero: Paladin or Valkyrie!
– Unlock new playable characters and upgradeable pets as you go through the story!
– Fight and loot dozens of enemy types in an ever expanding world!
– Flip tokens to attack and chain them to make battles faster and more powerful!
– Make your own epic gear and personalize your heroes through an in-depth crafting system!
– Battle your way through the Awesome Arena – a non-stop survival mode for awesome rewards and bragging rights!
– Connect to Facebook and compare your progress against your friends’!
– Earn awesome rewards by playing daily!
As the story goes in Super Awesome Quest, players will be following the story of three heroes who are trying to earn back their honor, riches, and super awesomeness which they apparently lost for some reason. In order to accomplish this, you will be fighting the hordes of the Undead Army, kobolds, nefarious bounty hunters, big ole dragons and more.
Super Awesome Quest will be arriving onto Android this Thursday, July 9th, 2015. As of right now we don’t have any pricing information, although we are going to guess it will be free to download and play with optional IAPs involved. You can check out the game’s trailer in the video below. We’ll post an update once the game goes live.